Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
kramerr
Registered Users

Default No Tail Response

I was setting up my 250 this afternoon, and while I was spooling up the rotors, the tail rotor hit a pipe causing a bit of damage. Now, for some reason, there is no response when I pull left on the throttle. The servo responds real slow .....or doesn't respond at all. Is the servo damaged, or is it my 401 gyro that is cooked ???
kramerr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
kramerr
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I found the problem with the tail rotor. My travel adjust was set too low. Now that I have rest the travel adjust, when I pull left on the throttle, the linkage rod that connects the servo to the tail bends like there is way too much travel on the servo. How can I fix this problem?? I am using the JR DS 920G servo and a GY401 gyro.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
gixxerjeff
Registered Users

2 things come to mind.#1,you need to have the ball on the servo horn like 5 mm from center of servo horn mount screw.This usually requires drilling a new hole in the horn as the stock holes are too far out.This will allow the correct servo travel for the tiny 250,s pitch slider travel.The servo should swing 45% in each direction to get the pitch slider from end to end.#2 ,there is a travel limit on the 401,with the pitch slider centered,servo horn at 90 deg,you need to trim the limit pot so the servo stops before binding the pitch slider,check both ends,you cant do each end independent on the 401,so adjust to stop the first side to hit....
gixxerjeff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
kramerr
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick response. Yup, you hit the nail on the head. I had to set up the limits on the 401.

Can you set the travel adjust settings in the radio to compesate for drilling the extra hole on the servo horn???
Old 03-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
gixxerjeff
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerr View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Yup, you hit the nail on the head. I had to set up the limits on the 401.

Can you set the travel adjust settings in the radio to compesate for drilling the extra hole on the servo horn???
Your welcome!No,the gyro and servo need the resolution you get from the mechanical setup of 5 mm.If you leave that dimension longer,you end up with a situation were you get tail wag with normal gyro gain.Then when you lower the gain to stop the wag,you dont have enough gyro hold,and the tail gets loose.It will be tough to find the sweet spot.
gixxerjeff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
gravydrive
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On a GY401 you use the Gear channel endpoints for the gain (or whatever channel you have the remote gain lead plugged intno) and the Rudder channel endpoints to adjust piro rates. The higher the Rudder channel endpoints the faster your heli will spin. Everything else is either mechanical or set on the gyro itself.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.