Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
JezUK1
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Blade 400 feathering shaft

Just asking how much give should there be if any on the blade 400 feathering shaft? As in how much can you move it via the main blade grips?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
Discussion forum about relationships, health, living, university and life in general. Built up from the remnants of the BBC One Life sunday surgery site, we exchange information and advice on topics that matter to you!
JezUK1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you should have 4 shims and 1 step washer per side

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
retired the 3 year old blade400
fast400 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Slyster
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
JezUK1
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

People say 4 but some say 2.. I don't get it really. What is the difference having 4 or 2? (each site that is)

Also how much play should there be?

-
Discussion forum about relationships, health, living, university and life in general. Built up from the remnants of the BBC One Life sunday surgery site, we exchange information and advice on topics that matter to you!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

4 shims and 1 step washer, play will not be an issue

retired the 3 year old blade400
fast400 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
BladeMadMan
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezUK1 View Post
People say 4 but some say 2.. I don't get it really. What is the difference having 4 or 2? (each site that is)

Also how much play should there be?
It is a matter of preference/experience really. As you add shims it will make the head tighter, make for more responsive collective responces. This comes in very handy {for me} when attempting manuvers that require crisp/accurate inputs for collective. The less shims will make the more mushy for a less demanding collective input. Less shims, more forgiving for novice pilot with little stick time.
BladeMadMan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
JezUK1
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So as I have still yet to be doing full laps as it were 2 maybe the best?

-
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
ted_wears_a_hat
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMadMan View Post
It is a matter of preference/experience really.
Exactly.

Jez, the best advice I can give you is try each combination - two, three and four each side - and see which YOU prefer. It's all pretty much down to how you feel with the heli. It's a 5 - 10 minute job to change it out if your careful so experiment.

-
-
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
1BADAIR
Registered Users

My HF Map location

push and pull straight out on the grips. if you feel looseness you need more shims. after that play is gone its just a matter of preferance on how tight you want it.
The tighter it is the more responsive it will be
Old 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
JezUK1
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just feel mine has quite a far bit of play which made me wonder. I have 2 each site and don't want it to become to twitchy with more as Im still new. But if some people have 2 I would guess theres would have more play as well then?

-
Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
Cailid
Registered Users

My blade had 4 shims per side out of the box. the stock plastic head is always going to have some play in it.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves" - Albert Einstein
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters