Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
felborn
Registered Users

Default The Pro, most precise Trex yet?

I only have Align helicopters in my fleet, but every electric model from the 250 to the 600. I was very happy with my 500 when I got it, a great robust machine, flies big but with a fair pricetag to both kit, parts and lipos. I own the old V2, and was not sure if I would bother with upgrading to the Pro, but since I got a super combo for only 450$ I thought what the hell. I have been flying the Pro and the V2 back to back for a few days now, and man I got to say this might be the best Align helicopter to date. Everything feels and looks really high quality. I was very very disapointent with the 250, the problem with the tail, bad bearings etc. I figured if this was they road Align where heading, I would change lain pretty soon. So I waitet with the Pro until my fellow freaks had some feedback on it. I figured there would be some desing issues and smaller things that needed sorting, but fare as I know there has not been a single issue (not counting TT, as I preffer the black anyways).

So I ordered one, and had a very good time putting it all togheter. Mine was very well loctitet, but missing grease in trush bearings, aside from that everything was top notch. Wiering was not the easyers, but unless you got big issus with wires running on the outside of the frame it really aint a problem.

Anyways, first maiden was a joy! Even tracking was dead on, had not needed to tune a single thing aside from lowering gain since I got some mild vibrations during funnels. Everything just feels very locked in, and nothing needed running in even. I normaly need around 10-15 flights before it feels really good and precice, links needes breaking in etc, but this just felt great from the start. Flip and rollrate is great, everything is dead on and it feels really stable in the air! During funnels and rainbows, it just does that I want, very very minimal corrections needed to make it go where I want.

Only real issue it the power, I really did expect more from the stock motor. Pretty sure I will change it to a -8 on 4S or just get a -6 scorpion.

Overall tho, im really really happy with this machine, and it really feels like a high quality kit. I was inches from getting a Furion, and I really wonder how that would compare. I really hope this is the kind of quality and desing I can expect from Align in the futur, I really think they did a great job with this!
felborn is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
caseyjholmes
Registered Users

Feels good don't it!
Nice locked in feel, like a bigger heli than the old 450's even though it's the same size.
Stock motor ain't too bad if you give it some time and work with it. Maybe feed it a bit more pitch and see if it loads up good.
caseyjholmes is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
PUMA2000
Registered Users

I also own/have owned alot of Align heli over the years.I have a heliup framed V2 with a 4s/neu combo that flies very well,BUT the new PRO flies ring around the older V2 in quite a few areas. Its so good im going to leave it 3s,would highly recomend the 450 PRO.best heli in my fleet!
PUMA2000 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
ForceFedDSM
Registered Users

So good I bought a back-up. Amazing heli, like a small, zippy 600n it's so stable.
ForceFedDSM is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Canuckhelifreak
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Rex 450 pro best in class indeed!!

I Love my new 450 Pro!!
It is sooo stable and has more power than my old se!
Flying 4 min flights honkin on it and it uses at least 1/4 less of the battery than the se did!
The tail holds like its on rails in ff backwards flight!
What more can I say...but WOW!! What a great heli!
Align has done it again!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep 'em shiny Boys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Canuckhelifreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #6
SFACV
Registered Users

I had mixed emotions for my Pro on the first couple of flights, until I started increasing the pitch. I am running approx 15 degrees of pitch and it will bog a bit if you push it but WOW does it go. I also felt it flies like a bigger heli. Much more precise. I am a little dissappointed with the weight. It comes in 2 ounces heavier than my V2 on the scale ready to fly but with a slightly larger main rotor disc and more power it doesn't seem to be noticeably heavier in flight. I just would have expected it to come in the same or lighter being the new "pro" kit and all.

My next purchase is the V3 head block for my V2. If this gives my V2 the same precise feel as the PRO I may just still prefer the V2. Must have gotten attached to my old beater after all the rebuilds the last few months as I still take it out whenever I take the PRO. Got to fly them both still.

Gaui X7 Cameraship
SFACV is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
legine
Registered Users

I think it might be heavier because of the TT and the very beefy frames
legine is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.