Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
butters149
Registered Users

Default Tips for installing servos into servo block?

Hi,

I have built a 450 pro once before few months back but forgot what is the best way to install the servos into the block and into the frame, i know you cannot get it to line up in the frame if everything is tightened. I also remember the elevator servo being a real ----- to access the screws. so if there are any tips to make it easier and avoid binding the servos at the same time.
butters149 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
ken22golf
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I installed the servos on the servo blocks outside the frame, but left them very loose. I then slid the whole thing in the frame and installed the blocks in the frame tightly after sticking a main shaft through both and making sure the shaft moves up and down smoothly to make sure they're lined up. After the blocks were tight I tightened the servos down. Make sure the holes on the servos line up right with the holes on the blocks. If not, you may need to enlarge the hole. If you force them, it may put the servo case in a bind and cause premature servo failure.

Oh, and make sure to power on all the servos and get the servo arms installed in the correct direction (and moving the right direction) and get them subtrimmed to 90 to the case before installing them.

Finless has build videos for the 450 Pro now, and he'll take you through everything step by step.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
butters149
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

how do i tell if the servo case is binding?
butters149 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
ken22golf
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finless said that he noticed one of his servos heating up during setup. That's how he caught his.

If everything lines up and fits perfectly and goes together without force, then the servo case shouldn't be in a bind.

You could always pull one screw out and with only one screw installed, the other hole should be lined up.

Like I said before, I recommend the build videos if you're not watching them.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Heli Davey
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken22golf View Post
I installed the servos on the servo blocks outside the frame, but left them very loose. I then slid the whole thing in the frame and installed the blocks in the frame tightly after sticking a main shaft through both and making sure the shaft moves up and down smoothly to make sure they're lined up. After the blocks were tight I tightened the servos down. Make sure the holes on the servos line up right with the holes on the blocks. If not, you may need to enlarge the hole. If you force them, it may put the servo case in a bind and cause premature servo failure.

Oh, and make sure to power on all the servos and get the servo arms installed in the correct direction (and moving the right direction) and get them subtrimmed to 90 to the case before installing them.

Finless has build videos for the 450 Pro now, and he'll take you through everything step by step.
+1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TREX 500ESP*GY520*S9650*
TREX 600NSP*JR-8717*GY520*JR-8900G*
TREX 700N LE*91HZ*DS610*GP750*DS650*COOL POWER 30%*DX7
Heli Davey is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.