Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Old 07-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
jetblue2135
Registered Users

Default New Helidirect Belt Drive Blade CP Kit!!

Just ordered this Belt drive kit with the blue anodized tail. Looks pretty nice, should be receiving it in a few days. Is anyone else looking into buying one of these kits? http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1497
jetblue2135 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
zooland1
Registered Users

Am I missing something? First, that's a lot of stuff for $55 not to mention aluminum. That's a good thing. Then, where's the rest; slider, grips and blades? Please let us know when you get it.
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
Lomcevek1
Registered Users

How much of the Blade CP is going to be left ???
Old 07-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
Skiddz
HF Support

My HF Map location

The frame doesn't come with the tail rotor assembly. You an get both plastic and CNC alum units for the TR.

Check out the site for the notes that tell you what you need to complete the build.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
jetblue2135
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

sorry guys, I forgot to mention the $75 anodized tail asembly, the $20 main gear/shaft and landing gear combo, Pheonix 25A ESC and motor, tail servo holder, tail fins...probably some more stuff im leaving out right now. The ONLY components i'm using from the original CP are the eflite servos and the HDX300 aluminum head :/.......so I gues you can say its a whole new heli. Using a seperate Telebee gyro, receiver+radio. Needless to say, im already up to the $300 range not including the cost of a new transmitter/receiver, which I have an extra laying around anyway. Im rethinking the idea of buying this heli now :?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
cbdane
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135
sorry guys, I forgot to mention the $75 anodized tail asembly, the $20 main gear/shaft and landing gear combo, Pheonix 25A ESC and motor, tail servo holder, tail fins...probably some more stuff im leaving out right now. The ONLY components i'm using from the original CP are the eflite servos and the HDX300 aluminum head :/.......so I gues you can say its a whole new heli. Using a seperate Telebee gyro, receiver+radio. Needless to say, im already up to the $300 range not including the cost of a new transmitter/receiver, which I have an extra laying around anyway. Im rethinking the idea of buying this heli now :?
Went through the same math exercise. Hard to justify with 450SE's on eBay for $385 (with motor and ESC).
cbdane is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #7
jetblue2135
Registered Users

I have a Trex SE and its an incredible machine. The quality of it in my opinion is top notch! My CP conversion is already on its way so im gonna give it a shot. It looks promising in the pictures and videos. I already have the gyro, radio, receiver and servos, and just picked up an Eflite 370 4100kv motor with pheonix 25A ESC. This should work pretty well with this heli. I pretty much bought this conversion because i love flying my blade(although with this "conversion" its not much a blade anymore), and wanted to go brushless with it anyhow. I think it looks like a small Trex here are some pics i found of this kit........http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1644883/1/80349764
Pretty much the same as seen here but mine is coming with fins, black landing struts, and the aluminum tail boom.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
zooland1
Registered Users

I'm still under $300 on my HDE. The blade is just a burden of love. I definitely have more than that in it.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
jetblue2135
Registered Users

yeah my blade is addicting, i dumped well over $350
(including the heli itself), I find it a fun "toy" to have for my confined college campus flying spaces .The conversion looks pretty stable in the videos so im looking foward to getting this thing up and running! Ill post pics when its completed.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #10
hkb817333
Registered Users

I am building one myself. I only got the frame, the plastic tail and i am using old head. Got to try the trex landing gear to see if it fits.

I love my blade CP and this will give me a chance to make it a perfect rocky CP, i hope
hkb817333 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #11
helidirect
Registered Users

hi,

I will release the HDX300SE with all cnc parts and belt drive with brushless motor for 285usd shipped

very soon.. going to take pre order soon...

Steve
helidirect is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 07:10 AM   #12
jetblue2135
Registered Users

damn, maybe i should have waited for that combo
Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #13
Skiddz
HF Support

My HF Map location

That's kinda like a free brushless motor if you opt for all the aluminum parts and buy separately...

Which BL motor Steve??

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HEY what would be the best brushless motor & ESC to use in this kit. that is from helidirect. im not sure what to get.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
zooland1
Registered Users

I read a thread last night on RR that someone was using a 2700 kvm and said it was a little mild. He said he considered 3200 to be a minimum. He was using the Icon Micro tail. As far as esc, I'd use at least a 25.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #16
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so why not just throw an align 3550kv motor and esc. because you can get it in a combo? or would the motor be too long for the heli or to big. ohh and what size blades dose it run and what tail blades are used? and what battery should be optimal? and finally what gyro will fit and work best? SORRY for all the questions.

And I just figured it out on helidirect and total parts cost is around $527.00 with telebee HH gyro and the CNC head and tail. its around 400.00 with the plastic parts.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #17
jetblue2135
Registered Users

I'm using the Eflite 370 4100KV motor with a phoenix 25A ESC. Using a Thunder Power 1320mah Lipo and an Epower 1300mah Lipo. I am using the Blade CP carbon fiber blades from HeliDirect.com, and am using a Telebee gyro......Hope this helps
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #18
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks that is just the answer i was looking for. now i can calculate the cost for the whole kit RTF without tx & rx.

ok did the math(actually just added it to the cart and let it do the math) and the total cost is: now this is using the plastic tail and stock head with the bell mixer upgrade.

-HDX300 CF Frame and Belt Conversion Kit for Blade CP/CP2/Hornet/
-HDX300 Landing Gear and Aluminum Skids
-HDX300 Main Gear with Strong Steel Main Shaft for Stock Blade CP
-HDX300 Plastic Tail Sytem (Blade CP belt conversion tail)
-JGF 450F 3450KV Outrunner Motor
-Castle Creations PHOENIX-25
-E-Power 11.1V 1300mAH 3S Li-Po Battery (HoneyBee CP2/Blade CP)
-Symmetrical Carbon Fiber Main Blades - Honey Bee CP2/Blade CP
-HS-55 Hitec Feather Standard Servo
-HDX300 Aluminum Tail Servo Mount (Blade CP Belt Drive)
-Telebee Head Lock Gyro

for all that its about 416.65 plus shipping . that kinda expensive but then agian this is ready to fly. i might have to do this. i only need 416.00 dollars more :mrgreen: tell me what you think of this setup.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #19
jetblue2135
Registered Users

set up looks great except for the motor...Steve from HeliDirect recommended the JGF 400DH, which is the 4000kv outrunner motor they use for this kit. Its $50
Old 08-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #20
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok thanks for that i will make the change.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others