Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
MFinley
Registered Users

Default HELP !!!! Walkera # 60 B

I just recently purchased a Walkera #60 B from X-heli ( great company ).... I however am having a very interesting issue with the helicopter. After I took the copter out of the package, I went over the bird tightening the screws, lubing the joints, and checking everything for integerity. When I spooled the heli up from about 1 click to a little under quarter throttle, the heli shook vilently and then smoothed out perfectly after quarter throttle. I tried this again and it did the same thing. Once the heli is up to speed the blades and trak is true and balanced perfectly. After trouble shooting and balancing the blades, and checking the main shaft I tried again. After 1 or 2 tries with no luck again at low throttle, it started to not shake about everyother time performing the task.

I talked to a heli " gooro " in the club, and he stated that this is a normal act due to a resonant frequency that the heli goes through at a certain low throttle setting. I believe him, however it feels to me that there should maybe be something I can do to atleast dampen the issue?

Please give me your thoughts !!!!

Thank you
MFinley is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
marfdaman
Registered Users

How tight are your main blade screws? Having these too loose will throw them out of whack when you start spooling up, but as the speed increases the blades are pulled outwards and the vibration will disappear. Resonant frequencies can cause some visible vibration too but usually nothing too violent in my experience.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
GAZLAZ
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfdaman View Post
How tight are your main blade screws? Having these too loose will throw them out of whack when you start spooling up, but as the speed increases the blades are pulled outwards and the vibration will disappear. Resonant frequencies can cause some visible vibration too but usually nothing too violent in my experience.
It's normal on this heli even with the metal head.
GAZLAZ is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
MFinley
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My main blade screws are just tight enought for the blades to have a little tension and so they are not floppy.
MFinley is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please