Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 09-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Launch 1
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Launch1 - Progress after 5h of HelisimRc

Hello all,

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this. Anyway,here is a little video of my progress after 5 hours or HelisimRc.I have no prior RC aviation experience and haven't flown a real RC heli yet. It seems that this thing is going...somewhere

Tell me what you think, especialy if you notice bad habbits or something.

Sorry about the quality, myGFs laptop couldnĄt do better. I'll use mine in the future.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diagnosed ERD (Extreme Rotor Deficit)
Launch 1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
markb
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good progress. Really good!! But be forewarned... dont be discouraged when you cant do all that with a real heli. Its just the way it is.

If you intend to get / fly a small heli like a 450, you should REALLY start flying the smaller version of the model graphics... like the "scale 450" size. It makes the heli FEEL different... just because to fill the same field of view it has to be closer. The smaller graphic models feel more like a real 450. The bigger ones (like the jumbo that I think you're flying) fly more like a 600... even though the physics are the same, its a visual perspective thing.

If you haven't already, you should also go to one of the more aggressive performance setups, like the "sport 450". They're going to act more like a real heli. Start learning to hover with wind and turbulence on too.

Maybe work on accurate position control in hover. Try to move from one box on the "paved" area to another, in preplanned intentional motions, holding 3 foot altitude. Then do it side on. Or nose in.

Overall, doing well though !
Trex 450 Vx FBL, Scorpion 2221-10, RJX head, mini-V, Ice 50
markb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Launch 1
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Markb!

From the beginning I went for the 450 Sport settings and lately started to fly with medium wind and medium direction changes, with turbulence on.

I had to switch for Jumbo size for the video, I had to go down in resolution and run the program in a small 500x400 pixel window to be able to record. I usually fly normal size.

Hovering... it is SO much easier to ff or fff than to hover. I'll work on it..

Thanks for watching!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diagnosed ERD (Extreme Rotor Deficit)
Launch 1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please