Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters


450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
siconic
Registered Users
 
Posts: 256
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Default What does a low Gain setting mean?

I have recently bought a GY520 gyro... Let me tell you, it holds rock solid.

Before the problem, my setup is:
Tail servo - HS-81 MG (waiting on my HSG-5084 digital )
GY520 Gyro (Setup right for an analog servo)
Radix 59mm Carbon tail blades
Radio - Futaba 7C 2.4ghz
Blades - 315mm Align Carbon
One last piece of info, I did not set up the travel in the gyro itself.

I had a GY240, and the stock tail blades, and my gains were right on at about 70%.The Radix blades give me an unbelievable piro rate, but I seem to have a dilema, maybe. With the new blades and the GY520, I started out with my gains at 75%. The only way to stop the tail from wagging was to put the gains for AVCS on 25% and the gains for Rate on 30%.

To the best of my knowledge this is not normal. Or is it? Did the new blades really drop my gain, or id there something wrong with my setup? Might it be my travel settings in the gyro?
__________________
Futaba T7C 2.4GHz R617FS Receivers
Trex 600N, OS 50 Hyper, Arizona regulator, Solid G gyro,
PushGlo, DS620 cyclics, DS620 Throttle, S9254 Tail

WANTED - CarbSmart
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siconic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Wolfpackin
HF Support
 
Posts: 11,041
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Eagle, CO
Default

It could mean you have too much mechanical gain, ball too far out on the tail servo arm.
Or it could be in the normal range of settings, I don't have that gyro or radio.
__________________
Jonathan Livingston Helicopter
Blade 400: E-flite 420H/35X ESC, AR6100e, HS65HB x 3, G401B/DS290G. (Ret.)
CopterX 450AE V2: 430XL/35X ESC, AR6100, HS65HB x 3, LTG2100T/HSG-5084MG.
T-Rex 550E V1 Classic Flybar: 600MX/BL70G, AR6200, DS610 x 3, Quark/DS650, 16t/520mm blades.
Wolfpackin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
siconic
Registered Users
 
Posts: 256
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpackin View Post
It could mean you have too much mechanical gain, ball too far out on the tail servo arm.
Or it could be in the normal range of settings, I don't have that gyro or radio.
The mechanical gain(servo arm) should be spot on. It is the circular 7.5mm.

But another thing I noticed when i decided to set the servo limits in the gyro, i dont get full travel of the rudder stick before the servo stops moving... In other words, when my rudder is at about 75% right stick, the servo stops moving for the other 25%! Pretty crazy, and I wonder if there is a way to fix this. Its not because anything is binding, or that the servo is hitting its end point, because as i adjust the setting in the gyro, the servo travel changes, and so does the amount of "dead stick".

Anyone have any good video, sticky, or resource on how to properly set up the GY520?
__________________
Futaba T7C 2.4GHz R617FS Receivers
Trex 600N, OS 50 Hyper, Arizona regulator, Solid G gyro,
PushGlo, DS620 cyclics, DS620 Throttle, S9254 Tail

WANTED - CarbSmart
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siconic is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters


450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com