Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
renoco
Registered Users

Default FROM DX6i TO DX7SE

I am waiting for my DX7SE to arrive. Any thing I need to watch out for when I begin programming my Blade 400's? Recommendations are much appreciated.
renoco is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Vinci
Registered Users

I switched from a DX6i to a DX7SE a few months ago, the menu of the DX7 (SE and non SE) is different, so you maybe could read the manual (available online) a couple of times, also get a neckstrap-balancer for the DX7 as otherwise it won't feel right when using a neckstrap:

I don't know if you have a gyro where you can adjust the gain using the transmitter, if so, there are several ways to do this with the DX7. You could use the GYRO menu. However then the gain is changed automatically with each flightmode (normal - ST1 - ST2), so you can't really change the gain with a switch like you have now on the DX6i. I wanted to have the gain on a switch (as you can easily reset the gyro with the switch for example). One way to achieve this is to adjust the gain using the traveladjust menu. This all comes down to personal preference so for example take a look at this thread: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....light=dx7+gain

Also maybe you could buy a bigger battery (lipo or 2200mAh+ NIMH) as with your DX6i you can do months without recharging, well with the stock DX7 it won't take that long before the low voltage timer starts beeping.

You'll going to love that DX7SE though, it feels so much nicer than the DX6i.I have big hands, but still the DX6i was a bit to big for my liking, now with the DX7SE I feel like I'm totally in control
Old 10-30-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
vertualex
Registered Users

Can you use DX7SE for simulator?
vertualex is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
Blueabyss
Registered Users

I went from a 6i to 7SE. Worst 2 things are 1 Gyro control switch issue as described above and 2 the Collective Gimbel sucks.. It is notchy.. and Yes I have the correct metal tensioner on it.. I had to sand off the detentes .. There should not even be Detents on the Helli version. If i wanted detents I would have bought the Airplane version.
Blueabyss is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
boomstrike68
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertualex View Post
Can you use DX7SE for simulator?
No, there is no trainer port
boomstrike68 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
vertualex
Registered Users

I just hooked up WL1000 wireless adapter into my Aerofly (mod in RCHeli) works great with my DX7 with no wires. I guess DX7SE should work just as well. Looks great on big screen!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
FlightAddict
Registered Users

where can you get wl1000? i can't find it any store that carries it...any info is appreciated.
FlightAddict is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
vertualex
Registered Users

http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Spek..._p/spm1800.htm

I got it from LHS - I think a lot of shops have it collecting dust (who in the world uses FS One sim?)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
1BADAIR
Registered Users

My HF Map location

another thing is with the dx6i trims are global(they stay the same in each flight mode) on a dx7 you have to trim each flight mode
Old 01-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #10
minipilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
another thing is with the dx6i trims are global(they stay the same in each flight mode) on a dx7 you have to trim each flight mode
The DX6i does have individual trims for each model as well
minipilot is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #11
1BADAIR
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by minipilot View Post
The DX6i does have individual trims for each model as well
mode not model
on a 6 you set the trim in normal or st1(idle up) and your fine. it stays the same. On the 7 if you set the trim in normal it does not transfer to st1/2 or hold. You have to retrim in each mode
1BADAIR is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology