Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 10-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
whiskeyair
Registered Users

Default Regulator Regulations

There are so many regulators on the market, its confusing me on what is needed. I'm building a Rappy SE with Align 620s. What AMP draw should it be able to handle? I like the idea of having on-board glow, like the Align 2n1, but not required. Any input, or recomendations?

Thanks ahead
Whiskey
whiskeyair is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
Vinger
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Three Align servos should not draw more than 5A, add the gyro and tail servo and you should never see more than 7A. Remember that stock servo wires and the bus at the RX will only take 5A continuous, so make sure the feed wires from the regulator is a little thicker than stock servo wires. If it has two outputs it will even be better, one output for the cyclic servos and RX, with the second one for the gyro and tailservo.

A 10A regulator should be enough, just take note that ALL regulators have diminishing output capabilities with an increase in input volts, even the switching type, ie CC's new switching regulator claims 20A output, but only if the input is 8V or less, at 20V input they only rate it at 5A.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
Mike66
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
A 10A regulator should be enough, just take note that ALL regulators have diminishing output capabilities with an increase in input volts, even the switching type, ie CC's new switching regulator claims 20A output, but only if the input is 8V or less, at 20V input they only rate it at 5A.
In CC's press release for the CC BEC Pro, the maximum continuous current as a function of input voltage is:

16V = 15A
24V = 13A
32V = 11A
40V = 9A
48V = 8A
Old 10-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
ace22459
Registered Users

I have a 600n and just built a Hirobo SDX. I use the Align 2 in 1 on both. Never had any problems. The 600n runs 5 full size digital servos, an hs55 for the CarbSmart, a 611 gyro and a GV-1 governor. The Hirobo will be getting a CY ATG after break-in and probably a CarbSmart. The Align 2 in 1 will work just fine. Alan
Blade CX/2, Axe CP, T-Rex 450 SA(SE V2 now) , T-Rex 600nitro Pro, Blade mCX, T-Rex 500 GF, T-Rex 450 SE night rig with ZeroGear and FlexPro lighting, Walkera 4G3, scale 450 Hughes 500D, Hirobo SDX HPM, Blade mSR, DX7
ace22459 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please