Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 Aftermarket Upgrades

450 Aftermarket Upgrades 450 Aftermarket Upgrades

Old 12-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #41
Wolfpackin
HF Support

My HF Map location

Get'em while they're hot!

I'd be willing to bet that this is one of the most used tools in your heli box.

Makes me want to get a Sport just to have another one of these great locks, LOL.
T-Rex 550E V1 Classic Flybar: 600MX/BL70G, AR6200, DS610 x 3, Quark/DS650, 16t/520mm blades.
Wolfpackin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:13 AM   #42
nielsm
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very nice. I only just started on my Sport build tonight, & with work schedule it may be a while before I can finish it enough to make use of the lock, but your initial shots look very promising. Keep us in the loop with your progress & feedback from those lucky enough to make use of the freebies!
nielsm is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:32 AM   #43
clamman
Registered Users

cool very nice why do i miss all the good stuff if you give away any more let me know
blade 400 cx2 mcx hbfp,4#3b,trex 250, trex 450 sport
clamman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #44
rdlohr
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Wow. That was a great response!

I gave out a Sport Lock and a couple V2 locks in the process and some 50% off offers to the people quickest on the trigger. That was pretty cool!

Rick

My products, flown by top pilots around the world, like you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #45
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpackin View Post
Get'em while they're hot!

I'd be willing to bet that this is one of the most used tools in your heli box.

Makes me want to get a Sport just to have another one of these great locks, LOL.
Thanks man. Music to my ears!
Rick

Old 12-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #46
ken22golf
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
How does it look?
Rick
Looks perfect. I wasn't sure if the thin vertical strip on the opposite side of the handle was necessary on the versions for the other heads.

I tried the one from readyheli on my SE V2 a good time back. From the start it didn't work. It was too tall, and I had to sand it down a tad to give it even a chance of fitting. Even after that it was hard to install and would come off easily. I remember thinking that if it had a handle on it and was more accurately and/or precisely made, it would really be a great and easy tool.

Can't wait for one for the Pro. I don't know if the round area on the headblock will make it easier or more difficult...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #47
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken22golf View Post
Looks perfect. I wasn't sure if the thin vertical strip on the opposite side of the handle was necessary on the versions for the other heads.

I tried the one from readyheli on my SE V2 a good time back. From the start it didn't work. It was too tall, and I had to sand it down a tad to give it even a chance of fitting. Even after that it was hard to install and would come off easily. I remember thinking that if it had a handle on it and was more accurately and/or precisely made, it would really be a great and easy tool.

Can't wait for one for the Pro. I don't know if the round area on the headblock will make it easier or more difficult...
I'm not sure either. First glance makes it look more difficult since there is no flat surface to be against like a wrench, but once I get a good snug fit in place, I think it will be fine. Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it.
Rick

Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #48
OMFGitzDanny
Registered Users

Any chance you have a plan of this?
Maybe you can draw round it for me so i can make one in work tomorrow

Thanks,Danny
OMFGitzDanny is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #49
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

After playing with it this evening for a bit on the Pro head, the rounded surfaces are a problem. It rocks a bit which is NOT OK.

Rick

Old 12-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #50
frogs84ss
Registered Users

+1 looks awsome could have used one the other night. i was using bubble levels and all kinds of silly tricks. if you make more for the sport let me know! btw what r u charging for them! xmass has the bank acc a little drained so i might have to wait but knowing is half the battle ( go joe)

p.s. i like those fins you make. you sell them in green can you make a version to match the sports smaller horizontal fin ?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #51
caralmar
Registered Users

I just tried the Sport lock and it is very, very good. I sent Rick a suggestion on it, but as is, it is better than all the other tricks I've tried to come up with to get the flybar level. You would think that this being such a critical component of getting the heli just right, that Align would include such a tool with their kit... Rick, maybe that's an interesting channel for you?

AmainHobbies/ProTek Field Rep
Rush 700 * Trex 700N x 2 * Trex 600Pro * Goblin 570 * 450L Dominator - V-Bar on all
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #52
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogs84ss View Post
+1 looks awsome could have used one the other night. i was using bubble levels and all kinds of silly tricks. if you make more for the sport let me know! btw what r u charging for them! xmass has the bank acc a little drained so i might have to wait but knowing is half the battle ( go joe)
They are all a flat $10 each. I charge $1.50 to ship to US, and $5 non US.
PM me. If you are short on cash, I'll still help you out.

p.s. i like those fins you make. you sell them in green can you make a version to match the sports smaller horizontal fin ?
Thanks. I should take the colored fins off my site because they just take up too much of my time to make. I could charge more to make up for my time, but I just can't see putting that many $$ into fins. I still make the night fins since its all mill work and they fill a unique need. No one else has anything that holds the glow wire well.

I don't plan to make the sports smaller horizontal fin at this moment for similar reasons. I just don't have enough time to play right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
I just tried the Sport lock and it is very, very good. I sent Rick a suggestion on it, but as is, it is better than all the other tricks I've tried to come up with to get the flybar level. You would think that this being such a critical component of getting the heli just right, that Align would include such a tool with their kit... Rick, maybe that's an interesting channel for you?
LOL. Align could make my stuff for pennies with their volume. They do take notice though and change their design to make my parts obsolete periodically. Thanks for the nice words!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #53
Andyzboy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I accidentally asked for one of the free sport locks without checking that it would fit my v2 first. Whoever pm's me first with their shipping info. will get the sport lock for free, seeing as thats what originally was supposed to happen
I did end up buying a v2 lock from rdlohr though, and it's very nice, simple and efective! Here are some images of it in use

And heres the sport lock that someone can have
Andyzboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #54
rdlohr
HF Support

My HF Map location

Great pictures. Really glad it worked out! Thanks for posting them.

Kudos for giving away the Sport Lock. You are good man!

Good luck to the lucky PMer.

Rick

Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #55
bladelearnin
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I think i won

it might just be me fingers crossed
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #56
caralmar
Registered Users

Andy, I noticed you use the fixed links on your V2 head. Any specific reason for this? Before I finished my new bird, I had a V2 main head/grips with CopterX swash/mixers/etc. With this setup it was nearly impossible to track the blades. I was always off just a hair and I eventually gave up and ended upgrading to the V3 head. It tracked almost out of the box!

I was 2 turns off from the book measurements...

However, I'm thinking that the other V2 head probably has some good life in it for someone else by just replacing the links with the fixed-length links. Do you find that tracking is easy with those on a V2? Do they change the geometry at all? Thanks!

Rush 700 * Trex 700N x 2 * Trex 600Pro * Goblin 570 * 450L Dominator - V-Bar on all
AMA #934662
Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #57
frogs84ss
Registered Users

man i want a sport lock!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #58
Andyzboy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

bladelearnin got it, man that was quick!
Calarmar, I went with the fixed links because i had worn out the stock links and figured I'd give em' a try. Never had tracking problems with the stock head or with the fixed links. It's more than likely bad blades or a loose ball in your head if you can't track it
Old 12-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #59
caralmar
Registered Users

Nah, brand new 325Ds. Tried 2 sets. Both sets track 100% on the V3 head. Its something to do with the combination of Align and CopterX parts I think. Re-checked the head and all is nice and tight. Even put in Trueblood greens in there...

Oh well, if any fellow freaker has more patience than me and wants to try it out, I'll sell it for a very cheap price! Send me a PM if you're interested. I know this isn't the for-sale forum... I'm not even going to list it for now, but since we're on this topic, figured I'd offer it. It is an Align V2 head and grips I got from ReadyHeli, and the rest of the head is CopterX. Align balls on most of the parts and Align links.

AMA #934662
Old 12-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #60
Andyzboy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you ever check the spindle?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 Aftermarket Upgrades

450 Aftermarket Upgrades 450 Aftermarket Upgrades