Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
DieselFJG
Registered Users

Default Vibrating / Shaking / Instability with Esky King 3

Hey guys. So I am having a problem with some shaking and instability with my King 3. I had a crash about a week ago and replaced some blades, runners, and a servo, but something else is making it shake. I set the pitch of the blades and flybar after changing all the parts also. I still have my training gear on and i can see its shaking on the ground, and I also had it hovering today right next to me and I could tell its shaking around in the air as well. It doesnt seem like the main shaft is bent when i spin it up in the house and hold it down, and i dont see anything else that appears broken. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Also, I think the gyro might be acting up since the crash. I havnt been flying long, just a few times, but I remember the Heli being fairly stable when giving it an increase or decrease in power. I gave it about half throttle today in a take off and it spun almost half way around before catching itself. How much should I have to correct the rudder when hovering or increasing and decreasing power? Does this sound normal, broken, or in need of some kind of adjustment? Thanks!

Diesel
DieselFJG is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
JAGNZ
Registered Users

It's almost certainly your Mainshaft or Spindle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JAGNZ is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
johnmcda
Registered Users

It is most likely the feathering shaft.

It seems they always bend in any crash. You should order some hardened shafts - they're a little better.

John in Atlanta
Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
gratefulfrog
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want to be sure, replace all three shafts (main, feathering, tail rotor) after every serious crash... then you're sure to start tuning from solid ground.
gratefulfrog is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
wanderer56
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hardened shafts

You might want to consider the aftermarket "Hardened" versions of main and feathering shafts. The King 3 is a little tough to get to the main shaft. You have to split the frame to get to the mainshaft.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please