Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
crash.n.dash05
Registered Users

got about 20 or so flights on mine.. only time the zip ties have broken is when i did a tail slide auto and flared a second to late and the heli slid sideways...now if one was handy at building u can make some from alum.. think about the 3/8 x 1/8 strips next time you go in the sheet-metal section at lowe's or home depot.... thought about it myself but after the 3rd hover i figured if i break the gear off ive crashed the heli... i cant tell you how many skids i had bought for my Heli-max MX400 pro... thats when it cliked in my head...
crash.n.dash05 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #22
STATUS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash.n.dash05 View Post
got about 20 or so flights on mine.. only time the zip ties have broken is when i did a tail slide auto and flared a second to late and the heli slid sideways...now if one was handy at building u can make some from alum.. think about the 3/8 x 1/8 strips next time you go in the sheet-metal section at lowe's or home depot.... thought about it myself but after the 3rd hover i figured if i break the gear off ive crashed the heli... i cant tell you how many skids i had bought for my Heli-max MX400 pro... thats when it cliked in my head...
With spring loaded cantilever gear it cushions heavy landings quite well. I have never broken the stock skids but the extra width and security is what im after when i start increasing my -ve pitch settings

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by STATUS; 12-02-2009 at 05:54 PM..
STATUS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
maxadventure
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunOut View Post
I wasnt very high either one of the times, the last was a bit of a panic, my carbsmart decided to go full lean and speed up the motor as i was just hovering 5-10' ish
(my fault setting it up with to much travel..another story) anyways its only my 3rd time in the air with her and still havent worked out all the bugs, throttle curves and getting a stable hover, (yet another story) but i did kinda bring it down too fast. but with 40ish weather plastic dont flex very well. i will try the pro tip and give the plastic skids another try. or get aluminuim and zip tie em....if hobbytown doesnt have any pantera skids in stock.
I've had a bad track record with the skid struts. (before I knew about the cable tie suggestion- although that only works if you have a glo motor mount to keep the lower frames stiff.) I've tried a few others because I wanted it fixed for the weekend. They all had various annoying problems from redrilling to just not being as nice as the stock. Maverikk were the best ,but I'd suggest staying with the stock struts

Hobbytown STILL hasn't ordered the pantera parts I asked for 9 months ago. Same owner for all three on the front range - I wouldn't bother, just go right to John and order your parts from audacitymodels.com

On the HT positive side, at least Gary is running the club deal again if you're AMA and fly planks like I do.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support