Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
dhiotis
Registered Users

Angry HDX 500 SAH Main Rotor Hub Set

I'm looking at helidirectt for the plastic Main Rotor Hub set for the HDX 500 SAH, but it seems that is not available any more.
I wanter why..... [ to promote CNC Main Rotor Hub Set for 22.75 $.... ? ] any way.
Does somebody know ,where can I find this part ?
dhiotis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
rpheliman
Registered Users

The SAH and SAS models are discontinued, the HC500 is the new bird. You will be better served anyway by starting to replace SAH parts with the HC parts. I'm in a build right now with my fourth SAH and need to source the HC parts as well. I have a SAH that is converted over to an HC500 and am extremely happy with its flight performance. The extra costs associated with the aluminum parts is worth it in my opinion. Otherwise you can look on the 4 sale forums here and try and find parts that you could use. I will tell you this though, your best upgrade that you could do would be the new frame sides, it boosts the tail up for longer blades and has multiple options for servos. The new head is really nice too. I also would recommend the tail blade grips, they come with thrust bearings and radial bearings, very smooth and allow standard tail blades.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
B2TheEYo

The HDX SAH/SAS/SE are not exactly "discontinued". Since the HC500 and previous models are near identical (with the expection of the very very small new changes, that are still all backwards compatible with each other).

With that said, upgrading to the HC500 parts will easily be the best thing humanly possible, the parts are more inexpensive than the SAH/SAS/SE and although the HDX brand is all high quality, the HC500 parts just seem to go that extra distance. Though being locked into having to upgrade is a bit of a bitch, and never fun.

Key things I'd grab would be the frame sides (stick to G10, just as strong as Carbon and no where NEAR as expensive) and larger driver gears (main and pulley). Essentially, after that point, you have an HC500, though if you wanted to upgrade all the blade grips to the HC500 versions, you would get the ability to use "standard size" blades with the extra bonus of thrust bearing being in the tail grips. Only thing left at that point is the flybar cadge, but that's a non-necessity. Literally a total of $50 in parts. Everything else is the same, just a different color and sometimes like with the Main shafts for example, just more stronger.

But I won't leave you hanging! Despite Helidirect leaving you out to dry, to force customers to push to the HC model, the SAH/SAS/SE parts are still a thriving market across seas.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...SAH/Categories

I believe you'll find exactly what you're looking for here...
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
rpheliman
Registered Users

OK.... They are being phased out of the line up from HD. Kind of like being laid off with no hope for rehire, you know like 10% of the people here in the US. (that's another forum) Do yourself the favor and do it up HC style!!!! You will not be dissapointed...
Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
dhiotis
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you all for your reply's but I think that I'll stay as I'm now, because a MSH Protos 500 is on my workbench.
Thank you B2TheEYo ! I found what I was looking for at the website you told me, and I all ready have placed my order there.
dhiotis is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum