Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Deputydawg
Registered Users

Default Spektrum AR6200 reciever

Anyone using one of these on the Blade 400? If so how did you mount it? I bought pnp 400 and am trying to install the 6200 reciever that came with my DX6i and for the life of me I can't get it to fit into the cavity that eflite recommends it be mounted in.
and no I haven't tried a crow bar and KY jelly yet!

Dave
Deputydawg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Tommygunn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydawg View Post
Anyone using one of these on the Blade 400? If so how did you mount it? I bought pnp 400 and am trying to install the 6200 reciever that came with my DX6i and for the life of me I can't get it to fit into the cavity that eflite recommends it be mounted in.
and no I haven't tried a crow bar and KY jelly yet!

Dave
Unfortunately, the problem with the 6200 rx is it's a top mount rx. In other words, the connectors plug in from the top. The Blade is so tight in room, that's why they sell it with an end mounted AR6100e. (e=end mounts)

Have you tried hanging the connector portion of the rx out of the back of the frame to give you room to plug the servos in? Maybe even upside down so that the pins face down? I don't have my Blade anymore, so I'm going from memory. It might look funky, but it might work.
All flown with my DX7
Tommygunn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Deputydawg
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The only option I can see at this point is to mount it to the bottom of the tail servo 2 sided tape and maybe a zip tie. I'm thinking this might change the CG though. Or
just spend the 50 bucks for the 6100e
Dave
Deputydawg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
75scoutII
Registered Users

I saw one where he had the RX mounted on its side (pins at the top). He just took a dremel and ate up some of the frame enough where the RX would fit between the gap, standing up in the middle of the frame, some above the bottom and the antenna's below.

You could always remove it from the case, and put some heat shrink around it.

2x Blade 400's, T-Rex 450 SE V2, 2x HK 450's, Blade CP Pro Brushless, Blade mSR
E-Revo Brushless Edition, Stampede VXL, HPI Pro 4, Mini Late Model, Mini Slider, T-Maxx, Micro-T
75scoutII is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Sky1trek
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn View Post
Unfortunately, the problem with the 6200 rx is it's a top mount rx. In other words, the connectors plug in from the top. The Blade is so tight in room, that's why they sell it with an end mounted AR6100e. (e=end mounts)

Have you tried hanging the connector portion of the rx out of the back of the frame to give you room to plug the servos in? Maybe even upside down so that the pins face down? I don't have my Blade anymore, so I'm going from memory. It might look funky, but it might work.
I always wondered what the e stood for. thanx Tommygunn!
Sky1trek is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters