Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Billy Boy
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Align 450 Pro Tail jump/twitch

Hello everyone.

I have a Align 450 Pro and I have a tail twitch issue, maybe one of you have had a similar problem. Here is what it does, First of all if I keep my throttle at 90% or lower you really don't notice it but if you go above 90% Throttle it gives me problems and what I don't understand is it only does it during the first 30 to 45 seconds of my flight. Its like once I burn off a little voltage its fine. All the electronics are align right out of the Pro kit except for the tail servo and the gyro, I'm using a Futaba 401 and a JR 3517 tail servo. I bought my pro without a gyro and tail servo and I had these on the shelf. Its like the 401 can't handle the faster headspeed of the pro. I used this same gyro and tail servo on my SE with no Problem. There is no binding anywhere in the heli. Ive moved the ball on the tail servo horn in to 8mm and out as far as 12mm with no change to the problem. Ive adjusted the gain on the gyro and this did nothing as well, The twitch is only there at the start of the flight. If I bring the head speed up and let set on the ground for 30 seconds or so then lift off there no problem. Any suggestions.

RaptorBill

Motor 450M
servos 410M
ESC Align
Receiver Spektrum 6110
Billy Boy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Gregor99
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try keeping your throttle curve either above or below 90%. But be sure not to cross 90%.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=27
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=29
Dual Powerlab Beta Team - Revolectrix Forum Support (volunteer)
Gregor99 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #3
sarpilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Try keeping your throttle curve either above or below 90%. But be sure not to cross 90%.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=27
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=29
+1.... around 90 the stock Align ESC has conniption s fits.....

I'm running 2250 30C's right now at 95% and the problem has disappeared, only cross 90 on the way to hover and on the way to landing.....

Best regards,
TomK
Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
CatchmyCorsair
Registered Users

+2!!!!!!!!!!

I have the problem with my Idle 1 T-curve. 95-inh-85-inh-95. It kicks the tail a 1/2 inch or so when hovering right after take-off or during landing. But I was probably hovering around 90% and it made it look like a wag. I thought my gyro was going nuts or I had some vibes. I'm glad I read this because I always fly 100% throttle and never have problems.
CatchmyCorsair is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #5
sarpilot
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchmyCorsair View Post
+2!!!!!!!!!!

I have the problem with my Idle 1 T-curve. 95-inh-85-inh-95. It kicks the tail a 1/2 inch or so when hovering right after take-off or during landing. But I was probably hovering around 90% and it made it look like a wag. I thought my gyro was going nuts or I had some vibes. I'm glad I read this because I always fly 100% throttle and never have problems.
Gregor has done some investigating and he seems pretty sure past 91 its going to 100 on its own (the ESC) I believe he said. Definitely a problem hanging out around 90....

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.