Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Besen
Registered Users

Default KJevlar Belts

Does anyone know if the kevlar belts sold by Infinity Hobby and RC Hobby Helicopter are the same? There's quite a difference in price.
Besen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
sethf8403
Registered Users

the ones you want are maverick, so far mine has survived about twice as long as the stock ones have, and i have 3 spares so i may be set for a long time.

the links to the individual pages would have been nice but i'll track them both down and let ya know, i could only find them in hong kong when i bought them, shipping wasn't bad though, only about a week

*EDIT* ok so this whole time i thought they were made by maverick, turns out they aren't, guess that figures since they come in a plain plastic bag with no label, lol
both those stores sell the exact same belt, i got mine from infinity hobby, and i compared the lettering on my belts with the bit exposed on the picture at rchobbyhelicopter.com, it's exactly the same, as well as the packaging. i would recommend infinity hobby for these belts if you can't find a usa supplier, it's from china, so it's slow, but it's a lot faster than most hong kong based companies, where i usually expect 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
buildem336
Registered Users

Both are the same belt. With RcHobbyHelicopter.com you pay a little more but shipping will be less and you will get it a bit faster so In the end it comes to about the same. I have 100 hard flights on my Kevlar belt and its still like new I see no wear on it.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Besen
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I'll probably go with RCHobbyHelicopter for the faster delivery.
Besen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
rotorcrash
Registered Users

I'm glad you guys posted this up. I just went online and got one Thanks

DX7
rotorcrash is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
Matt Nasca
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got mine from Infinity Hobby and with the EMS shipping I got them in about 6 days. So far I like them a lot; much better than the Align belt.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #7
geral
Registered Users

Default lube on belt?

I never thought about lube,what type,how much to use,and where to get it.for belt
and do you use lube on the kevlar belt?
geral is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
buildem336
Registered Users

I am at over 100 flights on mine no lube and the kevlar belt still looks like new.

Manuel
buildem336 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
sethf8403
Registered Users

yeah mines not fraying either, i really like that, you can use any lube safe for plastics and rubbers, most recommend silicon based lubes, lots of choices on helidirect.
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.