START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

Old 04-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
buzz10
Registered Users

Default pitch curves

hey folks does anyone no some tamer pitch curves for the new guy it just seems a little fast from the factory for my skill level thanks or give me some recommadations on what I can change it to now its set to 45,47,50,75,100 in pitch curve
Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
buzz10
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

forgot also on my trim setting what should that read mine says ch1 -20, ch2 +12, ch3, 0, and ch4,0
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
Bill Geyer
Registered Users

Hi buzz, My AXE was OK till I got in trouble, then I would jerk the sticks and loose it every time. Is it the collective/throttle stick that is too touchy, or both sticks?
You could probably set your max pitch to 85%, in order to reduce the response, but that is not the way to do it! You could tame your aileron/elevator by setting the Dual rate at a lessor value.
You will have to go to the Swash menu to fix it properly. Mine was A +85%, E -85%, and +85% for P. You will need a pitch gage to set it up properly. Also watch Finless Bob's CCPM part 1 & 2 videos in the beginner's section of HeliFreak. A pitch gage showed that I had 15 degrees of positive and 15 of negative pitch. So ended up with P in the Swash menu set to +48%, for 11 degrees positive and 11 degrees negative. Also I had over 24 degrees of Aileron and Elevator (12 positive/and negative) So I ended up with A +52% and E -54% for 6 degrees pos, and 6 negative. The switch should be in idle up for this set up and two of the motor leads unplugged. Then when you switch back from idle up to normal your normal pitches will be fine. It takes time to absorb all this stuff, but the point is, 15 degrees positive and 15 negative is way too much. Same goes for the 12 pos and neg on A and E. At Tower hobbies you can down load a manual for the Receiver Ready model that gives the specs for setting up the radio. It shows A +85, E -85, and P+35, (mine was P +85). Mine was the RTF model. Your trims look fine, some guys adjust the links till the trim is zero, some run trims all the way to 50. I think anything less than 20 is reasonable. I would watch the CCPM video several times, and some of the build videos TRex 450, 500 etc. before touching anything. Hope this helps .
Bill Geyer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support