Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 05-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
SandMan123
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Can't view Finless videos

I can't get the Finless videos to download...I have Windows 7 and it's telling me that the file type isn't recognized.

??
SandMan123 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
KCMike
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have Windows Media Player installed? What happens if you hit stream instead of download?

On a side note, if you want a nice media player I suggest VLC Media Player. It'll play just about any file type of is available for download at no charge.
KCMike is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
SandMan123
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have Windows media player and either button causes it to start downloading rather than streaming. The download always gets interrupted with an error message, format not recognized.
SandMan123 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
MonkeyKnight
Registered Users

+1 for VLC, it works great on the Mac too.

IMHO, I don't know why they aren't hosted on youtube, smugmug or vemo, it may make viewing them a bit easier. - But thats a different discussion I suppose.
MonkeyKnight is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
carpo
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default u must be punish by god

try vlc ..fro shure it works with that...
if not god its punishing u for something u do in the past...

serius try the vlc...good luck .....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

carpo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Something is not making sense here. If you RIGHT CLICK on the download link you should get a drop down menu. Click "save target as". Then you will get a file manager window showing you where you want to save the download. By default that will be my documents usually. It should then download and save to your hard drive! Win 7 wont care about any format for just downloading.

Now once you have it downloaded and if you try to play it from your hard drive and it wont play, you have some problem with Window Media player. My vidoes are standar Windows WMV videos and they work in any version of windows. If it wont play for you then something with your install of win 7 or media player is a problem.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please