Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Yizo
Registered Users

Exclamation King 3 Spinning to Left

Hey Everyone,

My King 3 is spinning to the left and I need help. No matter what I do on the rudder it won't counter-act the left spin. I recently crashed and replaced the main gear, feathering bar, flybar, and blades. I verified the main shaft is not bent, balanced the blades, checked pitch on blades and flybar paddles, set all the servos to 90, adjusted the linkage to the swashplate so everything is level. Even adjusted the tail rotor per spec in the manual. Cyclic seems fine but no matter how much rudder i give it just wont hold even when maxed out on the transmitter and tail rotor rod. Ive tried gain adjustments. The only thing left at this point is belt but i checked it the best I can and I know its not slipping. Before I tighten the belt wanted to see if anyone has any more information on what I can do or maybe I'm going the wrong direction entirely. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Yizo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HBK3 - 2 005.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	160043  
Old 06-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
exblade
Registered Users

Yizo,

It could be a few things. Does the Gyro initialize OK? Sometimes the flybar wacks the gyro and it dies. I had one do that. If it gets a good light and the rudder is working, did you take off the tail boom or tail? If so, check to see if the tail is rotating the right way. One half twist of the belt and it goes backwards. Should be coming up from the front side of the tail into the main rotor wash. The first time I took mine off, I had it really backwards. If you get it symmetrically backwards it will even look OK until you turn the blades and look at it.

That is where I would start.

Terry
Old 06-01-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
Yizo
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade View Post
Yizo,

It could be a few things. Does the Gyro initialize OK? Sometimes the flybar wacks the gyro and it dies. I had one do that. If it gets a good light and the rudder is working, did you take off the tail boom or tail? If so, check to see if the tail is rotating the right way. One half twist of the belt and it goes backwards. Should be coming up from the front side of the tail into the main rotor wash. The first time I took mine off, I had it really backwards. If you get it symmetrically backwards it will even look OK until you turn the blades and look at it.

That is where I would start.

Terry
Thanks for the tips. Located the problem after inspecting the tail/belt assembly in more detail. I'm missing a pin for the tail belt pully so the pully is just spinning on the shaft. I cannot find the pin so i'm in the process of locating a push rod and bearing set for the main shaft. Should definitely fix it. Thanks for the suggestions zoned right in on the problem after reading that...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
Big Tonka
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Yizo you could make a new pin from the un-fluted end of a 1mm drill bit and use something like a dremel to cut it off and grind the end .
BT
Closed Thread

Tags
esky, gyro, honey bee, king 3, spin

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3