Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
HuaHinEddy
Registered Users

Default T-rex 450 sport tail servo issue

Hi guys, i'm new to the hobby and have a question about my tailservo. It seems that after my first crash my tail servo does not go back to the center position. I'm not sure if that is the way it's suposed to be? if it's not..... (what i think! )is my servo dead now or can this be fixed? So for clarity, if i move my stick and let the stick go...my servo does not return to centerstick. please help!!
HuaHinEddy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Ron_R
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuaHinEddy View Post
Hi guys, i'm new to the hobby and have a question about my tailservo. It seems that after my first crash my tail servo does not go back to the center position. I'm not sure if that is the way it's suposed to be? if it's not..... (what i think! )is my servo dead now or can this be fixed? So for clarity, if i move my stick and let the stick go...my servo does not return to centerstick. please help!!
If you're testing this on the bench that is what is supposed to happen. The tail servo won't move on the bench because its not sensing any movement to correct for via the gyro.

If you turn the tail hard on the bench does the servo move? Does it sound like its powered on when everything is initialized?

You may have stripped the gears in the servo or the servo is trashed. A way to check the servo itself is remove it from the frame, plug it into another channel on the receiver and see what happens. I'll usually unplug the ESC from the throttle channel and plug a servo into that channel and than test it by increasing and decreasing the throttle on the Tx. Stripped gears can be replaced, but a trashed servo will need to be replaced totally.

Good Luck!

Ron
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
johnsma22
Registered Users

The tail servo will not go back to center when the gyro is in heading hold mode. It will return to center in rate mode. What gyro and radio are you using?
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #4
HuaHinEddy
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i use a GP780 and a T6EHP radio
HuaHinEddy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
johnsma22
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuaHinEddy View Post
i use a GP780 and a T6EHP radio
I don't know how you set the gain with that radio, but with the 780 gyro the little LED on it will be green in heading hold mode and red in rate mode. If the LED on the gyro is green and the tail does not go back to center after you give it some rudder input, that's completely normal.
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.