Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Default What's a good throttle servo?

I'm placing an order today for some Outrage bls9080's, what do do guts recommend for a dependae throttle servo?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, here's the deal, I had to get to work so I was rushed.

What I'm doing, I'm replacing the servos on my Avant. I'm becomming leary of my jr8411's. They suffered thru a MAJOR crash on my 1/3d scale Extra 300, (scratch built) a long time ago. So far I've had one burn out, and 3 had stripped gears.
I ordered myself an Outrage 9088 rudder servo so I can put my 9254 back on my 500 and get it back in the air.*
Now I want to upgrade the cyclic servos to the Outrage 9080 Torq servos.
This just leaves the throttle servo to replace. Idealy, I would want to replace this with something close to the speed of the cyclics, but in reality, nobody blows a C-note on a throttle servo.
I noticed a Towerpro servo with decient speed for $20. I may just keep the jr there as it's fast enough, sort of, and I found one that works still.
Just thought that while I am going to place an order tomorrow I would throw a throttle servo in the mix.

So, if anybody can recommend a good throttle servo for a nitro please step forward and sound off!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Jason Bell
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In all reality, any servo with decent speed will be more than sufficient for a throttle. Ive recommended this servo to several friends for throttle servos on helis, all have been very pleased with it, especially for the price.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...010#quickSpecs

Representing:
AMain.com, Oxy Heli, Optipower USA, Scorpion Power Systems, Cyclone Blades, YS Engines, RC OMG Servos, Spektrum RC, Byron Fuels.
Jason Bell is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Jason! I ordered the TP, mmetal gear, capable of accepting any voltage, as I'm getting away from the voltage regulator. I apreciate it.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support