Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Old 07-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Diviner
Registered Users

Default hyperion 6010i duo charging a 6s issue

I am trying to charge a 6 cell battery for the first time on my hyperion 6010i duo. I plug the 2 balancing leads into the bottom row (one 4s and one 2s), and when I go to the balancing menu, it show 0 cells connected. When I plug the 4s balancing lead alone into the solo 4s balancing slot in the middle of the adapter, the balancing menu shows 3 cells and shows voltages, but not a fourth cell.

What gives? I have tried this with many different 6s from different brands and get the same result.

Charger options setup is 6s 22v 2500mah at 2.5a. I am charging in solo mode. I get the same result one either channel with different adapters. I am using the thunder power adapter.
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
TJinGuy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Assuming you are using a 6s TP balance connector pack, it does have 2 connectors on it but not 2s and 4s. The first one is a 4-pin and connects to the first 3 cells. The second is a 6-pin and connects to the other 3 cells.

Anyhow you should just plug both in and be done. If you just plug the 4-pin in, do you see 3 cells?
Stuff: Spektrum DX7 - iCharger 208B - Hyperion G3
TJinGuy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Diviner
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I rechecked everything, and it was a bad adapter for only the bottom 6s on only one adapter. The other adapters and leads coming into them are testing and working fine.

My workaround was just a balancer conversion plug that came with an outrage 6s and just plug it into another type adapter.

Everything is good now.

I also was confused about the 2 leads on a 6s. I thought one was 2s and the other was 4s, but now I see that they are both 3s.

Thanks for the comments.

This community is just awesome. I don't know what I would have done without the build and gyros setup videos. And I love supporting the vendors who advertise here as this is my main source of information, above that of the hardware vendors and my lhs.
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support