Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DETRUM GY48V Help.

Hey guys here is what is going on I have a T-REX 450 SA that has some parts added to it. full metal head and tail were the first thing and then the plastic belt pulley had to go other than that it is mostly stock it has the following

Align 430L 3550KV motor with RCE-BL35G Speed control. 11T pinion.
HiTec HS-65MG x 3 for cyclic.
Futaba S9650 working the tail.
I have a custom radio tray I made out of lexan holding the AR6000 Right below the tail boom block.
335mm fiber main blades and the stock black tail blades.

Ok so now for the problem.

when I am first spinning up the heli continually rotates till I get it off the ground then it seems to be 95% good. I have to bump the tail about every 3 to 5 seconds to hold it strait. and man forget it if I do any thing with the throttle. I gave it full collective strait up and it spun almost 2 full rotations before I could regain control. also when I flip to stunt mode it does the same it gets about 1/4 to almost 1/2 turn till it stops.

Is this just becuase I have a cheap gyro or is this normal. also I have my gear setting at 85 that is where the tail wag just starts to go away. any how any thoghts on this or do I just need to drop the money on an expensive gyro? Is that lil bump every couple seconds normal and I am asking to much? also I rebinded my radio today and it seemed to help but did not completely lose the constant drift issue?
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a detrum gy48v with the raiden dma-016 servo and it holds pretty good.sounds like the delay trimmer is not at zero.another thing to think about is your esc gov..i dont have that gov.but if not setup right can cause bad tail kick.
blazingJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in