Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
cctvflyer
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Electrified Hobbies on E-bay

Not really a rip-off, more of a buyer beware.

Seller called Electrified Hobbies. Just about everything they sell is an extremely marked up resell from HK, that you can buy yourself.

Example - Turnigy 2Gig Camera

HK price - $17
Electrified price - $47

They also sell all of the scale "park flyer" type planes, also highly marked up HK purchases.

Plus, for a real laugh, look at the feedback responses this person leaves. Even a mild comment about a purchase gets you called a moron or worse.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Flip465
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Quote:
Originally Posted by cctvflyer View Post
Not really a rip-off, more of a buyer beware.

Seller called Electrified Hobbies. Just about everything they sell is an extremely marked up resell from HK, that you can buy yourself.

Example - Turnigy 2Gig Camera

HK price - $17
Electrified price - $47

They also sell all of the scale "park flyer" type planes, also highly marked up HK purchases.

Plus, for a real laugh, look at the feedback responses this person leaves. Even a mild comment about a purchase gets you called a moron or worse.

Yep ! Been there and had the same REALLY bad personal abuse from a few of these so-called 'on-line discount shops'.

Copped one REALLY nasty email back about a year ago from an on-line shop here in Oz when I questioned he price for a Chinese 4 stroke plank engine.
The very same engine was being sold at one of my LHS for a good $50 less, and that was on a $350 - $400 engine. I mean - - WTF ???
I just asked him if his price was correct and sent him the name of the LHS and their price for the same engine - the way this guy carried on, you'd thing I was doing something wrong and sending him broke.

The dip-stick ! :-P

Always the same story - someone trying to make a 2 or 3 hundred % profit by sitting on their butt doing nothing more that re-directing orders.

STUFF THEM !

I'll support my LHS whenever I can but if their prices go too high on some items then I buy direct from China and the savings can stay in my pocket - or get spent buying more goodies at my LHS later on. :-D
Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
jlarkin123
Registered Users

I have had a great experience with them. I purchased some Turnigy batteries for $13 a piece which were $8 at HK. They arrived it 2 days with free shipping. Considering all the complaints about HK on this forum, I don't think the markup is really that bad. Still cheaper and faster than any other option I had. So I plan to keep buying from them.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
jlarkin123
Registered Users

I guess I should caution my response that it really depends on what you are looking for. I can only recommend their turnigy batteries that I bought.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
FLThreeFiveZero
Registered Users

Oh I don't know.

I just ordered a Turnigy scale FAA Led light kit from electrified hobbies on ebay.

The kit was: $21.99
plus shipping:$1.95 usps priority (2-3 days)
=$23.94

At HobbyKing the same kit was: $9.04
Plus shipping: $18.95 EMS under 500g (7-10 days)
=$27.99

And if I have to return it, It'll be infinitely easier to return to California than to HongKong.

In regards to the sellers inappropriate "slamming" of people who give him a Neg. rating.

when I checked the sellers feedback rating they sold 450ish items last month with only 1 Neg. (its been my experience in sales that you cant please all of the people all of the time.) and 1 out of 450 were good enough odds for me to take the gamble.

I guess the positives outweighed the negatives.

Sent from my Laptop using "Hunt and Peck"

Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
cctvflyer
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I kind of missed the point (or someone did). All I was saying is that if I want cheap HK junk, I will buy it myself directly from HK. Freight would not be a factor as I buy lipo's all the time and I am forever looking for something light to ship with the lipos that won't add to frt cost. I bought from a US dealer, at a higher price, thinking I would get a better quality camera. Shame on me for not doing my research properly, or I would have seen that it was a HK junk camera that I was buying, just marked way up. As far as feedback, I was commenting that a mild comment about the item not exactly matching description does not deserve "Read the ad, moron". But this is (thank God), a free country, and anybody can shop where they please.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Electrified Hobbies
Registered Users

Default You Kiddin' me?

http://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/clap.gif....... How's it goin' fellas? Since this guy wants to hear his gums pop we thought we'd chime in.... WE ARE, I AM, Electrified Hobbies & we thought we'd speak on our own behalf if that is alright...
#1 We try to stay away from the "Junk" so odds are if you are buying it from us it is already something we have thoroughly checked out ourselves..... you order from Hong Kong you are subject to get anything. What we find to be "junk" never makes it into our store.
#2 We are a business & we are doing this to make a profit... We have already invested our money to STOCK IT & HAVE IT FREIGHTED OVER.. and our money stays tied up til it's gone.... that is what is called an "investment" & the object of making one is to turn a profit. We run CIRCLES around the service you'll get from ANY Hong Kong seller...PERIOD. We ship in less than 24hrs typically... & if it's not right we will MAKE IT RIGHT... unlike Hobby King that this guy seems to be in love w/.... Have an issue there and see what happens.
#3.......and I can't stress this enough..... the fact that you spent $20 in our store does not give you the right to come off like a jacka$$... Let me go even slower, IF YOU WRITE US, ...RIGHT OUTTA THE GATE.. Cussing, capping, making crazy demands, threats..... whatever. I WILL tell you to stick it RIGHT ON UP THERE! & I do mean to your elbow. We are not here for that crap... don't get us twisted w/ some shop that has a bunch of $7 an hour drones that are paid to put up w/ it... we won't. we deal w/ buyers destroying things in some form or another & trying to return them ALL THE TIME, we are struck for Customs delays, ship damage, and most irritatingly because some illiterate hothead can't read his ad.. When you work as hard as we do to SERVICE your customers, not just take their money, it IS PERSONAL.... You stick your face in my feedback w/ a buncha nonsense you are Gosh Darn skippy we are going to point you outhttp://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/bullshit.gif
We deal on EBAY.... where scummy, scamming buyers can longer be struck & Identified for other sellers & users. This makes up a MINISCULE % of the people we do business with.... 99.9% of our buyers are at least smooth transactions if not really nice folks we deal w/ regularly.... On the occasion we cross paths w/ an idiot I like to put a big sign out for the other idiots..... "This is exactly how you are going to get treated if you pull the crap this clown is." You would NOT walk in to our shop, or your local hobby store....cussing, screaming (capping), spewing & fuming as soon as you walked in the door regardless of WHAT your issue is.. & if you are that type we'll look forward to hearing about your broken jaw one day... On the web people tend to forget they are dealing w/ other people.. Your purchase does not include the right to address me common, or tell lies in our feedback..... And P.S.- What does it say about a guy that can look RIGHT PAST 700 positive transactions to see what the 5 or 6 disgruntled are screaming about?! GOT A NEWS FLASH FOR YOU BUDDY... ALL BUYERS ARE NOT HONEST OR ARE YOU REALLY THAT NAIVE? I guess if you walked onto a playground where 700 kids were getting along and 3 were off to the side pouting and screaming you'd go "What's wrong w/ those 700 kids?!" Your logic & thought process is really amazing.... you are a Democrat I assume?
For every guy like you we have 20 like the man that bought the lipo & replied above..... His feeling is you can take the 4 or 5 bucks and stick it... HE NEEDS HIS GEAR .....NOW. We had his battery to him before hobby king would have even processed his order!.. He knows it, so do we. My customers want to get back in the air or on the track.... not worry about whether we made a few bucks for our investment & the TOP FLITE service.
We have helped more novices get going than any website you'll find. We help them out without making them feel like a bother, explain things to them, help them w/ crap they get from .com sellers that then give no reasonable tech support....STEER THEM AWAY FROM THINGS THEY CAN'T HANDLE, rather than just TAKE THE MONEY & LAUGH...find a .com seller running this ad big boy- ebay item# 150513363576
We post a link w/ this ad # at the top of every plane & heli we sell.. It doesn't get much more UP FRONT.
We locate parts for people things we don't even carry... bought by guys like you that tried to save $20 and got a "similar" item w/ CRAP components... that we end up having to help buyers totally replace. For this type of stuff we have already been rewarded w/ more biz than we ever dreamed we'd do & our regulars are "dog loyal" because they KNOW we will take care of them...... and if guys like you shop elsewhere to save a couple bux we are A-OK WITH THAT! My guys will have been at the field flying for 2 weeks when you finally get your parts.. They lack your patience, and decided Sat morning was for flying, not watching other people & waiting on parts that are $6 cheaper as they make their way across asia to singapore before ever being shipped to the USA, where they are held again by customs, and then back into the post again..... Nor were Saturday made for trashing on honest business people trying to make a living.

Well boys that's our response to this nonsense..... We felt we needed to speak on our own behalf herehttp://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/icon_%20peace.gif
Old 04-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Electrified Hobbies
Registered Users

Default PS....

Also note that the item writer mentions.. the "16GB DVR" not 2 GB.. we included a micro SD that hobby king does not... Ship from us was about $9 cheaper... & we paid ebay fees of 18% net on the sale. Do the math
Old 04-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
cctvflyer
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Mostly everything you sell is marked up HK crap. Period. Plus you are the one given to rude posts and vicious feedback comments, as anybody who reads your e-bay comments can see for themselves.
Closed Thread

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here