Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
KarbonBird
Registered Users

Default Blade Tracking on the 600

How does one track the blades on a 600? Obviously it is too big to hold say like the SE, so how is tracking possible?
KarbonBird is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You put some tape or use a magic marker to mark the tip of one blade. Then hover it and see which blade is high. Having a friend help is good!!!

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
stevehonn
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As finless says, you can use tracking tape which are narrow self adhesive tapes you stick around the tip of the blades, different colours each end, then hover just in front of you at eye level and you can sight the tracking difference. You can manage without any tapes by marking one blade as the master blade, I lightly run a drill bit by hand on the inner face of the root of a main blade, set the pitch up using this blade, match the other up with a pitch guage. If the tracking is out adjust the unmarked blade, you have a 50-50 chance of getting the direction right, if not adjust the other way until it is spot on.

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.