Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 08-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
TwinTurbo95
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Would a one-way bearing shaft cause a vibration? I am freaking stressed!!!!

I am seriously at my limits with this heli!!! I've really enjoyed it over that past several months and it's gone down it's fair share of times, but this damn vibration is ridiculous!!!

I went down last weekend (doing 3D little too close to the ground). No biggy, it's wasnt real bad, nothing broken accept some blades, some bent stuff sure, but I've had worse.

I have replace to date:

main shaft
feathering
main gear
main tail gear
boom
EVERYTHING on the tail but the grips (bearings and all)

I've put different main bearings in that I think are good.

My motor shaft is straight as an arrow. I flew around with a bent motor shaft for weeks with no vibration (it made the motor sound very loud)

What the hell is going on here?????

I can't figure it out. The only real thing to replace is the tail belt pulley and the one-way bearing shaft.

My tail belt pulley is straight as an arrow as well.

I've checked all the screws, everything is tight.

This thing vibrates with the entire head off.

I have never been this pissed with a heli.
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
pril250
Registered Users

Check the seatings of the three main shaft bearings. Check that the bearings are not loose or moving.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
TwinTurbo95
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Anyone had issues where maybe something in the frame changed after a crash? That's basically my last option here. I can't find any cracks in the frame or any abnormalities.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
dannylightning
Registered Users

My HF Map location

are your blades balanced, tracked and set up so the CG is correct on the blades.

o you said if vibes with the head off, i would guess either of your gears are not balanced, the tail rotor shaft could be bent. the motor might have got messed up and now has a wobble.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
eabing
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo95 View Post
Anyone had issues where maybe something in the frame changed after a crash? That's basically my last option here. I can't find any cracks in the frame or any abnormalities.

I've cracked my frame before at the bottom where the skid tabs are. I held it together with tie-wraps and it did not vibrate as you are mentioning.

I have had two instances of severe vibration. One time, the whole heli shook and made a figure X while spooling up. Like you I replaced all basic parts but the frame. It turned out to be the gyro that got damaged in the crash and started sending out crazy signals to the tail servo on spool-up. Try plugging the servo in directly first and eliminate the gyro.

The second time, vibration was so strong that it would knock the tail servo push rod out of the two guides. It turned out to be a very very very slight bend in the tail shaft inside the tail case. I refused to change it at first because the bend was so slight that you could not tell there was even a bend. But, as soon as I replaced it, the vibration went away immediately.

Also, make sure you put the tail blades on correctly again. One time I had one blade on leading edge and the other on trailing edge. That also caused me a ton of grief.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
TwinTurbo95
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I can only think that maybe a brand new part might be bad? I dunno, I have only a few things left to change. I sure hope it's one of them.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
dazzzer30
Registered Users

with all them parts your changing you might as well buy a new heli hope you find out what iis making the vibration .
dazzzer30 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
PoorFlyer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My flybar was causing the vibrations in mine. One side was 1 mm longer then the other when I checked it. Of course I changed all the bearings, shafts, etc before finding it.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #9
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default vibration

im having the same issue and am wondering the same thing as you....one way bearing shaft? Please post if u find out what it is.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
outofphase
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What kind of tail boom are you using? Carbon or Stock?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
Guzziman
Registered Users

Do you have the boom supports on there nice and tight.Mine was loose and caused the tail to vibe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAAA membership AUS71789
B400 gy401 s9257 tail servo
HS 65 mg servos this thing rocks
Guzziman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #12
755 robert
Registered Users

Did you change the alum tail rotor hub that is a sneaky one that took me a while to track down......
.Who is John Galt?
755 robert is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
dankcincy
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i think i have my vibration narrowed down to the tail shaft bearings. there is slop between the bearings and the tail shaft. Funny thing is that they are new..... I checked the stock at my lhs and all of the bearings and shafts on their wall have the same problem. I called horizon about it and got the standard answer, " ship it to us" i told them to just look in their warehouse! Double check your tail shaft, bearings for slop, even if youve already replaced them.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #14
HugoCraft
Registered Users

I saw your video post in the LMACKY fun fly thread.

But the only idea I have is lube to the belt with silicone. You can use the spray kind or something like rc car shock fluid. Just lube it while the belt is spinning like in the tail case. Sorry but you should of used an Align belt when you bought a new one since its soo much better quailty; it looks like a belt with strands and its sooooo smooth compared to the eflite.

Also this sounds stupid but I'm sure you checked that you don't have the belt double twisted in the boom too.
HugoCraft is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #15
desertblade400
Registered Users

It's been 5 months now. Did you figure out the vibration?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters