Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
wcc963
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default dampeners

well i have the red dampeners from readyheli coming and was wondering how they were. how do they perform, i also saw the wildman dampeners from, i think its rchover, and these are 3 times as much. so who has tried both or one and how do each perform?
wcc963 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
timphan84
Registered Users

My HF Map location

THey are great!! Makes the head very stiff. Very good for 3d manuevers.
timphan84 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #3
Wa11banger
Registered Users

You wont go wrong with the reds from RH.. They are all you ever needed.. Head will be so stiff you will get the wobbles in normal.. I had to bump up my normal HS to 2600 to get rid of the wobbles.. I was previously running normal at 2450

Rick
Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 PM   #4
gagi
Registered Users

I like them too!

-Gagi
gagi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
wcc963
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
I had to bump up my normal HS to 2600 to get rid of the wobbles.. I was previously running normal at 2450
god man, thats pretty low, im running like 2900-3000 HS, this is probably the best HS for aerobatics.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
Wa11banger
Registered Users

wcc963,

What part about Normal HS did you not understand lol... I run 2950 for ID1 and 3200 for ID2

I dont use normal for aerobatics or 3D flight maneuvers

Rick
Old 12-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
Jay Mowl
Registered Users

I bought the red dampers from Readyheli and they recomend using the thin washer with these, however, I felt with the thin washer it was not as stiff as the stock 2 O rings with the thick washer so I went ahead and put the thick ones on the red dampers and it seems much better. Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #8
wcc963
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
What part about Normal HS did you not understand lol...
woops, my bad missed a few words... changed the whole meaning. my bad
Old 12-11-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
ShuNut
Registered Users

Anyone know if these are avalble in the UK, i'v been looking for a while but haven't yet seen any, i was gonna order some from readyheli a while ago but the wanted $10 just for shipping .......

So where eles can i get some ?

My Logo-600
My Vids
ShuNut is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
Jason Bell
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mowl
I bought the red dampers from Readyheli and they recomend using the thin washer with these, however, I felt with the thin washer it was not as stiff as the stock 2 O rings with the thick washer so I went ahead and put the thick ones on the red dampers and it seems much better. Anyone else notice this?
I actually squashed mine doing this,did yours do the same thng?

Representing:
AMain.com, Oxy Heli, Optipower USA, Scorpion Power Systems, Cyclone Blades, YS Engines, RC OMG Servos, Spektrum RC, Byron Fuels.
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Jay Mowl
Registered Users

Not that I know of but it could be possible, I guess thats what I'm trying to do since using only one thin washer was not enough dampening.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
Wa11banger
Registered Users

I am using the thins and my head is damn near brick solid.. got just a little play in it that is good.. Any more solid and it would nod at 3k rpm

Rick
Old 12-21-2006, 05:38 AM   #13
ShuNut
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuNut
Anyone know if these are avalble in the UK, i'v been looking for a while but haven't yet seen any, i was gonna order some from readyheli a while ago but the wanted $10 just for shipping .......

So where eles can i get some ?
Well after posting this RedyHeli sent me a pm saying that the shipping wouldn't be that much but the online site isn't sophisticated enough to work out the correct shipping on small items.

I received 2 sets and new seesaw today ($5.25 shipping) and hope to try them out tomorrow, :mrgreen:-to-ReadyHeli

Should i use any lube when fitting these dampeners ?

Thx

My Logo-600
My Vids
Old 12-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #14
edge
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What part about Normal HS did you not understand lol... I run 2950 for ID1 and 3200 for ID2

I dont use normal for aerobatics or 3D flight maneuvers
If your past learning to hover, who flies in "normal"? Good way to roll it up into a pile of junk when you without thinking crank it into something aggressive. I flip out of normal as it spools up and don't flip it back till in TH. I've heard of too many guys crashing because they forgot they were in "normal". Might have done it myself once!
edge is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #15
Jason Bell
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No lube required!

Representing:
AMain.com, Oxy Heli, Optipower USA, Scorpion Power Systems, Cyclone Blades, YS Engines, RC OMG Servos, Spektrum RC, Byron Fuels.
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #16
ShuNut
Registered Users

Thx torkboy2
Guys, I notice the dampeners look like fuel tubing i use for my RC car, but just a little fatter, is this all they really are ?
------------------------
edge i'm one of these "who" people who still flys in normal, i have 5 packs always fly the 1st pack in normal praticing slow circles and backwards ect, sometimes i do 2 packs in normal.

I always wonder why soooo many ppl aways seem to moan at ppl who fly in normal mode.
I like normal mode, in idle up i get about 6 an 1\2 mins, but in normal i can get 8-9 mins easy.

And still class myself as a learner... so far after 7 months i'm currently learning sides in-inverted and tick-toks, but even when I master most 3D i still recon ill use normal, i can still throw her around the skys doing fff fig 8's and i love it.
---------------------
So back on topic did u guys notice a big difference in using the Red Dampeners after using the stock o-rings or just a little or no difference ?
When trying to do tick-tock or pitch pumping (making the heli go up and down) i cant get my heli to stop fast enough, there always like a long delay, will it be better with the new dampaners ?
Or will i need to use + & - 12 and carbon blades to get good stops ?

Also do the Red Dampeners last long ?
Thx :wink:

Peace

My Logo-600
My Vids
Old 12-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
edge
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Carbon blades make big difference, as do the red dampners. The stiff blades make big difference by themselves over the wood paint sticks, in terms of solid feel and great tracking. Add the red dampners and you end up with a super responsive bird that in the right hands will perform about anything you can throw at it. Thats assuming you have a strong motor such as a Medusa, and are not puttering around in "normal" mode with a low HS. Been running red dampners a few months now, head still solid! IMHO, you don't need more than 10 +/- pitch to get good stopping power. More important to have strong motor mated with right pinion, driven by strong battery, through a quality ESC like the Jazz (consistent power throughout the flight)! :twisted:
edge is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #18
sparky
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa11banger
I had to bump up my normal HS to 2600 to get rid of the wobbles.. I was previously running normal at 2450

Rick
Whats your curves in normal?

TREX 600: 611/9256, 9255's, 2 mill CF upgrade, EVO 5000's, DSX9, R921.
TREX 450 SE: Scorpion H-2221-8, DS381's, 401/9254, EVO 2500's, AR7000.
Vibe 50: 9715, ATG, Solig G/9256, MP5, YS, R921.
sparky is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #19
ShuNut
Registered Users

"the wood paint sticks" Nice one, but they're not that bad.

Thx for that info
I do plan on getting some carbon blades one day, just waiting for my skillz to get a little better, using the Align motor (Rec SE) & woodies right now, i'd like a Jazz and a more powerfull moter but its out of the question as i'm attempting to save up for a 50 size E-Heli. But my Rex flys fine right now, runnin 12T pin HS=2900 and using TP eXtreme packs.

Hoping to get a few flights in tomorrow b4 work befor fitting the dampaners, so its freash in my mind the way it flys, then fit the dampaners after work and test satday, thats if the weather allows.

Peace

My Logo-600
My Vids
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #20
arclite5

Quote:
Thx torkboy2
Guys, I notice the dampeners look like fuel tubing i use for my RC car, but just a little fatter, is this all they really are ?
Nope, they're made out of something else.. Something a bit more magical.. (I think a urethane some such. It's a very hard rubbery material.)
Quote:
So back on topic did u guys notice a big difference in using the Red Dampeners after using the stock o-rings or just a little or no difference ?
When trying to do tick-tock or pitch pumping (making the heli go up and down) i cant get my heli to stop fast enough, there always like a long delay, will it be better with the new dampaners ?
Or will i need to use + & - 12 and carbon blades to get good stops ?

Also do the Red Dampeners last long ?
Thx :wink:
They make a huge difference. Your head becomes 10x stiffer. Response is faster, stop rate is crisper, no wobble-wobble in the head. They last through several crashes.
arclite5 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.