Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects

Old 10-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Andy01
Registered Users

Default Advice on RC Aerodyne UH-60 Blackhawk electric multiblade ?

I am geting a RC Aerodyne UH-60 Blackhawk with their Chaos 600 electric and 4 blade head & tail. I was considering stepping down in size on both main & tail blades to something like 4 x 520mm main blades and 4 x 82mm tail blades - is this going too small on the mains or is it better just to run 600mm mains ?

I have no experience with either a 600 electric (I have a 450, 500, and Vario 700 sized electric Long Ranger), or a multiblade.

I was looking at the ScaleHelis e-Calculator (which was very helpful with my Long Ranger), but it does not seem to say anything about a multiblade, and the headspeed or power required. After doing some searching and reading, it looks like a multiblade setup (even with smaller blades) would require slower headspeed and more power. I was thinking around 1800rpm for a 2 blade 600, so is 1450-1550rpm about right for a 4 blade (4 x 520mm blades) ?

Will the RC Aerodyne flex drive for the tail stand up to a 4 x 82mm tail system ?

How much more power will a 4 blade system draw than a 2 blade (assuming that the headspeed is dropped) ? What would be a decent power for a motor - I was thinking something like a 4035 with about 2000W of power to have some power in reserve ?

I was thinking of running the system on 12s to keep the amps (and temperatures) down, and perhaps be able to use similar lipos to what I run with my 500 or even my 700 (ie. 2 x 3000mAh 6s or 2 x 5000mAh 6s in series) - anyone run one of these on 12s ? A couple of the UH-60 threads seem to be running large 6s packs (eg. 2 x 5000mAh 6s in parallel to get a 10 000mAh 6s pack) - how is the temperatures and amps with a big heavy 6s setup ?

From other threads it seems that this fuselage needs a lot of weight up front to get the CoG right - does this mean that 2 x 5000mAh 6s is pretty much mandatory (or lots of lead) ?

Is it wise to stick with the standard 0.7 Modulus gears for this setup ?

If I went 12s, I would be thinking of using a X-era 4025-560 motor with appropriate pinion, CC Ice 80HV ESC, and whatever size lipos it took to balance - any thoughts ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Andy01
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No-one got any thoughts on this ?

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters

Scale Helicopters Discussions About Scale Helis, compatibility and and projects