Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #181
Ranger89
Registered Users

I understand, thank you for your help.

So I dont have to worry about the signal glitch if I choose either of those settings?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #182
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location
Location: McKinney, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Not with the DSMX satellites.

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #183
mickeyjohnston
Registered Users

Default DX7SE

I have a DX7SE, if I'm running DSMX satellites can I run 11ms. Please keep in mind the DX7SE can not be upgraded. If I can't run 11ms, which of the modes would be best?

Thanks,
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #184
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location
Location: McKinney, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe
Default Spektrum users - Which mode should I run? READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyjohnston View Post
I have a DX7SE, if I'm running DSMX satellites can I run 11ms. Please keep in mind the DX7SE can not be upgraded. If I can't run 11ms, which of the modes would be best?

Thanks,
Yes, you can run 11ms. Choose the HiRes option.

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #185
mickeyjohnston
Registered Users

So I go and purchase new DSMX satellites to run on my Vbar along with my DX7se in HiRes mode. When I move my cyclic stick all the way to one side my swash starts jumping. . I tried 6 different satellites with all having the same results. When I switch it back to Spektrum Satellite mode the problem is gone. Any ideas.

Mickey
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #186
Azalin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use DSMX sats with DSM2 radio and selected "Spektrum Hiress Satellites (1 or 2)" in the software as MR Mel suggested in the very first post, then bind it. I hope I did the right thing because software gave me a warning not to use this mode.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #187
saeed09
Registered Users

Default Re: Spektrum users - Which mode should I run? READ!

I believe its better to use a complete reciever with a satellite(s) if so. Vbar and satts only, no way i will do that again no matter the options. If I do it then it will be with a reciever. I have bad experience with my dx7se's. More than two times loosing connection in the air and few more on the ground just before flights. At some point I was always out mood of flyng expecting something will disconnect at any moment. I still love my dx7se's on my FB helis I am not here to divert this thread but the SBUS took me to another world. Personal views should not disapoint anyone please.

Saeed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saeed09 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #188
curmudgeon
Registered Users

Over the past 2 years, I have used four SK-720's and now use four VBar Silverline's.

I originally used and SK-720 with the AR8000 receiver, but found the use of extra jumper wires too bulky. I also did not like that was not able to use the Skookum internal governor when using an external receiver.

Since then, I have used all four SK-720's and now all four VBar Silverline's with DSMX satellites without issues.
Citizen 259
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #189
jveneziano
Registered Users

Hey guys I just purchased a vbar sliverline, 2 dsmx sats to link to my dx8 is this going to be a problem ? Will the software help me select the correct options?
jveneziano is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #190
curmudgeon
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jveneziano View Post
Hey guys I just purchased a vbar sliverline, 2 dsmx sats to link to my dx8 is this going to be a problem ? Will the software help me select the correct options?
That's what I use. Make sure to bind using "Spektrum DSM-X Satellites 11ms (1 or 2)"

Citizen 259
curmudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #191
Steve Graham

DX18
DSMX satellites
Vbar Silerline Express.
Mac OSX Laptop

Have spent about 8 hours on this so far and all I can say is OMFG Mikado, REALLY.

With great thanks to a friend I finally got the correct JAVA applett to allow my device to connect . If it hadn't been for him I would NEVER have gotten this thing to even connect. I wouldn't have even known to look at JAVA whatever that is?

I moved on to the initial setup and spent the better part of two hours trying to get the thing to bind. With the help of this thread I started trying other settings besides what I have, 2 DSMX satellites with an 11 ms radio. Finally got it to bind using spektrum satellites digital center although I have no idea why that works?

Helpful thread here I guess. Thanks to the users who are trying to help each other out and especially guys like Mr Mel but I have to say so far this product really feels like a device for the guys who like tinkering more with computers and code than flying helicopters. For this individual it has not been an easy or rewarding experience at all and I'm no where close to being finished.

Guess it doesn't help that my basement is flooded from 40 days and nights of torrential rain recently in what is supposed to be a high desert. Roads are literally washed away all over the front range and people have been drowned.

On the bright side I did manage to setup my vbar account and get the device registered.
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support