Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
CoolKD
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashandburnagain View Post
oh, ok im sorry i guess i misread your reply. I was thinking at least going for some thing with metal gears being i have to order something anyway. an hs65 is like 30 and the jr i think 290 is almost the same. So if i could get better for the same without have to add a bec at this time i would rather go that way if i could
A HS65 is not a good tail servo, it's more for cyclic use. Try the Align DS520, it's a fast good digital servo for the tail.
CoolKD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #22
Cailid
Registered Users

You don't need metal gears for the tail servo. They're better for the cyclics. I doubt you'd need a bec just for the tail servo either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves" - Albert Einstein
Cailid is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #23
Dazhim
Registered Users

As was said the stock servo by stats is better then whats there.. IDK if you are still using the stock cyclic servos but I found a guy selling all r stockers for 10 bux
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=259588
Might b worth checkin out for a min then u can save for a proper tail and have spares to boot.
and the 290 is a decent tail servo for the price. I am assuming(know i shouldnt) that u want to b able to mount it in the stock location yes?
mcpx real life SIM
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
crashandburnagain
Registered Users

yes i would like an easy fit replacement. I would rather go for the better up front, thats not a problem i just dont want to have to go for a bec right now if i dont have to. i will go for a jr if its plug & play with no bec, thats fine. When the time comes for gyro, would that require the bec or not?
crashandburnagain is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #25
Cailid
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashandburnagain View Post
yes i would like an easy fit replacement. I would rather go for the better up front, thats not a problem i just dont want to have to go for a bec right now if i dont have to. i will go for a jr if its plug & play with no bec, thats fine. When the time comes for gyro, would that require the bec or not?
Needing a bec will vary with each heli. If your esc is getting too hot to touch then it's time for a bec or a better esc. I was able to upgrade my gyro and servos without needing a bec or new esc but some people needed one as soon as they started any upgrading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves" - Albert Einstein
Cailid is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #26
crashandburnagain
Registered Users

well i think that kind of sounds like what i want to hear. First will be jr tail servo then prob. hs 65 for cyclic, then when it dies or i have the money ill do the gyro.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #27
Dazhim
Registered Users

Crash.. I think Most people lean on the side of insurance because we know what will happen to eflites esc.. some take chances.. I had installed the hs 65 hb's 1st then the 290.. and my esc ddnt get warm until i put the gyro on.. since then i have changed the esc all together but still use a bec just in case.
Airflow IMO is key hovering has very little air movment passing over the esc and components not to mention the canopy has no flow holes liek the align ones. Ok I'm rambling.. there are alot of options my friend looks like research is gonna be your best way to go but i understand this thread tryin to b a shortcut.
mcpx real life SIM
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
crashandburnagain
Registered Users

I think you pretty much sumed it for in a nutshell. Thanks alot.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #29
Avidflyer
Registered Users

I think the biggest benefit of a BEC is if the speed controller cooks or shuts down for any reason you can still control your heli and at least have a chance at landing.
Align 700N LE BeastX
Avidflyer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters