Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

Old 01-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Users

Default setup problems

hi there, I have the following problems with my lepton... I was hoping someone could help out here...

Before I start drastically changing my linkages, is there something I am missing???

I have set up the head as per the manual and I have consulted the videos. The problem is that the washout is binding under full + pitch. This seems to be the opposite of the problem that finless had on his build. Also, it seems that getting the washout arms and mixing arms 90 deg at 50% stick is not possible...your thoughts?

Did anyone else have this problem? I have a 9C and the airtronics 94761's
avatar71 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
N3CAL
Registered Users

How do you have your Swash AFR%'s setup on the 9C? Did you start with the page 22 data sheet default then try to bring the aileron and elevator %'s down until there was no binding?

I'm not using the 9C but when I setup my Spektrum DX7 I ended up reducing the aileron and elevator %'s quite a bit to prevent any binding:

Aileron: -36%
Elev: +36%
Pitch: -60%

These were quite a bit off from Hirobo's data sheet on page 22 of the manual. I assumed the JR PCM9X was the closest to the DX7. What I have listed above works great and I have 0 pitch at center stick.

Cal
N3CAL is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeah, mine was a lot dif than the align specs... I will try ones closer to yours... thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
TMoore
Registered Users

Quote:
I have set up the head as per the manual and I have consulted the videos. The problem is that the washout is binding under full + pitch. This seems to be the opposite of the problem that finless had on his build. Also, it seems that getting the washout arms and mixing arms 90 deg at 50% stick is not possible...your thoughts?

Did anyone else have this problem? I have a 9C and the airtronics 94761's
Mines not so I can just about guarantee that you have something backwards in the mixing arm section.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

what could be backwards aside from the washout plastic arms?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters