Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters


700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
outofphase
Registered Users
 
Posts: 459
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clovis, Ca
Arrow GY520? Thoughts?

Now I have used this on my 400, and now I'm trying it out on my Nitro. Im starting to feel it isn't that great in this application. Now yes, It could be me not programming it right but it is taking an awful lot of true gain in the Gyro Sens menu. Im at 78 (which is 40 true gain) on my normal, and 73 ( 33 true gain) on my idle up 1 & 2. Even with 40 i still haven't achieved a wag to begin backing it down from. Also my tail stops pretty good in one direction, and has a little bounce back in the other. I understand this is a delay setting. Now via the CIU-2 USB link i have been using my comp at the field to set different control response setting which to my understanding controls delay. Adjustment on both left and right from low to high value seemed to not make much of a difference on this issue.

520 good choice for nitro?
Would going back to my GP780 be a better choice for with now?

Thoughts?

Thanks
__________________
www.precisionaerial.com
outofphase is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Helico-pteron
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glenview, IL
Default

Get the GY701, it's better than the GY520 if you can afford it.

Better for nitro than the 520 and better tail authority. The 701 fixes some vibe sensitivity issues the 520 had on nitro.

http://grandrc.chainreactionweb.com/...duct_info.html

BTW, 520 is better than the 780.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Roger Palacio
Registered Users
 
Posts: 873
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA, USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphase View Post
Now I have used this on my 400, and now I'm trying it out on my Nitro. Im starting to feel it isn't that great in this application. Now yes, It could be me not programming it right but it is taking an awful lot of true gain in the Gyro Sens menu. Im at 78 (which is 40 true gain) on my normal, and 73 ( 33 true gain) on my idle up 1 & 2. Even with 40 i still haven't achieved a wag to begin backing it down from. Also my tail stops pretty good in one direction, and has a little bounce back in the other. I understand this is a delay setting. Now via the CIU-2 USB link i have been using my comp at the field to set different control response setting which to my understanding controls delay. Adjustment on both left and right from low to high value seemed to not make much of a difference on this issue.

520 good choice for nitro?
Would going back to my GP780 be a better choice for with now?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Well, there is a lot of guy at field using this gyro and they have great results. I personaly use Spartan gyro on my helis 250,450,500,550,600 and 700 and it works SOLID LIKE A ROCK, you can get one for $130 bucks on Ebay, is worth it.
Here is a video of mine

__________________
Align T-Rex Family Owner - MicrobeastX - 7200BX
450 PROV2 DFC, 500E DFC, 500(Airwolf) Four Blades, 550E DFC, 600N FBL OS55HZ, 700N DFC 105HZ-R, 700E DFC HK4525-520LE
Roger Palacio is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
outofphase
Registered Users
 
Posts: 459
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Clovis, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helico-pteron View Post
Get the GY701, it's better than the GY520 if you can afford it.

Better for nitro than the 520 and better tail authority. The 701 fixes some vibe sensitivity issues the 520 had on nitro.

http://grandrc.chainreactionweb.com/...duct_info.html

BTW, 520 is better than the 780.
Yes this is what I will be eventually getting with the governor as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Palacio View Post
Well, there is a lot of guy at field using this gyro and they have great results. I personaly use Spartan gyro on my helis 250,450,500,550,600 and 700 and it works SOLID LIKE A ROCK, you can get one for $130 bucks on Ebay, is worth it.
Here is a video of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrPedplK10M
The spartan is something i have thought about too, thanks for recommendations however id like to work the issues im currently having as well. I know It can fly great with the 520 I think im just over looking something, or just need to change something setting wise.
__________________
www.precisionaerial.com
outofphase is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
backburner1955
Registered Users
 
Posts: 11,611
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fresno, CA.
Default

One thing about this hobby, it never goes stagnant, It always has you looking for the next answer or solution. Good luck Aaron, I think it may just be settings for you.
__________________
Bryan AMA# 982814
"No-Neck R/C"
backburner1955 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Roger Palacio
Registered Users
 
Posts: 873
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA, USA
Default

can you post the setting you have ?? maybe I can help
__________________
Align T-Rex Family Owner - MicrobeastX - 7200BX
450 PROV2 DFC, 500E DFC, 500(Airwolf) Four Blades, 550E DFC, 600N FBL OS55HZ, 700N DFC 105HZ-R, 700E DFC HK4525-520LE
Roger Palacio is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
Ah Clem
Registered Users
 
Posts: 16,893
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alhambra, CA
Default

The GY520 should work great on any helicopter from a 250 to a Nitro .90.

I have one on my Odin II right now and the tail is solid as a rock.

I have 10 in service right now and will be upgrading one machine with a Quark to a 520 shortly.
__________________
KBDD-Team Captain/ Team Compass/ ProStar Hobbies/ Team JR Americas/ Gens Ace Field Representative/ Robird Demo Pilot / Western Robotics Field Representative
6HV-U, Warp, 7HV,Knight Pro,Knight 3D, Atom, Atom Stretch, Odin II, 6HV, 3D Plus, Knight 50
Ah Clem is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Helico-pteron
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glenview, IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner1955 View Post
One thing about this hobby, it never goes stagnant, It always has you looking for the next answer or solution. Good luck Aaron, I think it may just be settings for you.
+1
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters


700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2015 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The HeliFreak.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.