Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > ELY.Q - Vision 50

ELY.Q - Vision 50 ELY.Q Vision 50 Helicopter Support

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
pcskyhi
Registered Users

Default To Ely-Q or not Ely-Q is the question?

I am in the process of selling some of my birds in order to try something new and different. While looking the Vision 90 FBL has caught my eye but there is not much being said about this bird.
How is the quality of Ely-Q? I know starting out they had some issues. Here in the U.S.A., how is the parts supply? How does the Vision 90 fly when compared to other 90 sized helis? How durable is it? Why should I choose the Ely-Q product over any other brand out there?
Sorry for all the questions but I don't want invest in this bird only to regret it later. I know it happens but I rather not make a bad decision on a 90 sized bird.
pcskyhi is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
3DBEAM
Registered Users

we have both the 50 and 90 visions, the first one i bought was the 50 after selling a trex 600 pro for it i have never looked back. the one and only thing i didn,t like on the v-50 was the carbon fibre boom which i found was a bit weak , probably ok on an electric 50 but not for the nitro 50. the new v - 90 is a very good unit with all bugs sorted thanks to the v - 50 original. the price of these kits a very good plus any spare parts are available from Ely -Q dealers . they fly very well indeed in fb and even better in fbl.
Beam 450 pro
3DBEAM is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
troubledpetey
Registered Users

i love my elyqs, i have the ely comp 50 xe, and 90 flybarred and fbl ( not finished yet ) before that i was flying a n9 and n5, both loverly models, but i prefer my ely q, the hav a distintive feel to them, very quick pitch, yet not snatchy like other model

my 90 flybarred is stock out the box, only thing i changed was my paddles, for u that wont be a problem, just build and enjoy, u may hav one problem, afew of the kits came with a spacer for the ccpm shaft that about 1.5mm to long, no biggy, either sand it down or find another spacer
http://www.youtube.com/user/squeakypete1?feature=mhum
troubledpetey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
pcskyhi
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I guess I need to follow the sheep and get an align bird since no one has nothing to say about this brand or the vision 90. It looks good on paper but I need some user feedback. I appreciate the two comments thus far but I know there are more out there. When something is wrong you get a thousand posts telling you what is wrong about it. Here is the opportunity now to say something good if the product is good. Your silence in this case will steer me away to another brand of heli.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
troubledpetey
Registered Users

ever thought the silence is because they work??? mine is complete stock, ive owned a t700, n9 and now my ely q, the ely q is my favourite

but if u wanna join the 'what do i need to upgrade' crowd then feel free
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
troubledpetey
Registered Users

and to be fair aswell dude, it not long been out lol
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Joe Bailey
Registered Users

Perfectly happy with my vision 50, no complaints it works without fault every weekend unless I bin it

Joe
Old 02-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
pcskyhi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledpetey View Post
ever thought the silence is because they work??? mine is complete stock, ive owned a t700, n9 and now my ely q, the ely q is my favourite

but if u wanna join the 'what do i need to upgrade' crowd then feel free
Well, I have to confess, I do have a trex 500 3G style (FBL) and it does pretty good but I did build a 700 for a friend and we added an upgrade or two.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
pcskyhi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledpetey View Post
and to be fair aswell dude, it not long been out lol
I do recognize the Vision 90 was a winter realease and there may not be many up and going at this time but my post also addresses Ely-Q as a company so I thought I would get some feedback on that part of the post. So besides the few that have posted I would have to presume not many people are buying the Ely-Q brand. I noticed the few posts I have received are coming from over the pond so I have to question wether there is even a following here in the U.S. A vendor has sent me a PM and states they are selling quite a few in the U.S. I'll just keep an eye on the post and see if it gets better.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #10
troubledpetey
Registered Users

Personally I'd go for a 550, but that just me

Thinks some of it is down to people no straying from what they know in most cases, why wld people task the risk of changing from one model to another when there model with afew upgrades work, I took the risk, flew a n9 all last year, acurate, massive presence in the air, but favoured the ely q, had the 50 comp xe, loved it, now om running 2 90s, both ely q, but as always its the buyer choice, but I reckon ud enjoy it
Old 02-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
chosen69
Registered Users

I assume you have already read my build thread. I've built and flown a couple of 90's and I'm gonna have to say that the ElyQ fit's about in the middle of the bunch. I would say it's close to the Align machines qualitywise but it's not an Avant. If you have build a helicopter before you can go for it and be very happy with it. I especially like the sleek frame setup like you would have on the Avant compared to the very bulky Trex 700 paired with a great price. And by now all the spare parts are readily available. Plus you won't have the same heli as everybody else ! Can you tell I like it ?

chosen69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #12
wifeorheli?
Registered Users

I say get one. Flew mine for the time today and all i have to say is I cant wait to goto sleep and wake up to do it all over again. Great heli- Good build- Good parts what more can u ask for( o Yea good price to)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TeamRcHeliWorks.com / Team Novarossi / Pulse Lipos
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #13
Rob Cherry
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcskyhi View Post
I guess I need to follow the sheep and get an align bird since no one has nothing to say about this brand or the vision 90. It looks good on paper but I need some user feedback. I appreciate the two comments thus far but I know there are more out there. When something is wrong you get a thousand posts telling you what is wrong about it. Here is the opportunity now to say something good if the product is good. Your silence in this case will steer me away to another brand of heli.
Baaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaaaa.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #14
Geffect
Registered Users

The V50 are a fine heli. Just because the forums arent filled with 100's of posts doesnt mean they arnt good. Typically the align heli forums get heaps of posts as most newbies start with an Align heli of some sort. As pilots progress on learn the ropes they start realising there are excellent non-align heli's on the market and try other brands..

If you get a Vision, i would recommend the XE kit as it has all the extras that address the few issues the earlier kits had i.e. has Aluminum boom (C.F boom breaks easily) and the additional C.F frame re-enforcements..

Would I get another V50 yes.. When I have the funds I will get myself a V90 and will look at converting my V50 to electric. Im hoping i will just need to get a new V50E frameset..

Another excellent nitro heli to check out is the Compass 3dplus.. It doesnt get talked about much but is very well built and flies even better..
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #15
3DBEAM
Registered Users

just waite until you start playing arund with the adjustabe head , move a link here etc etc this v-50 has alot of grunt and very quick cyclic control. you can make this heli as tame as a lamb which is great for the new guy or play around as mentioned and its a full on 3D machine . so happy with this 50 size, the 90 size is on its way soon being my first 90 it will be the Vision 90 .
Beam 450 pro
3DBEAM is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #16
texasclouds
Registered Users

Hey guys, what do you think about this combo? What pipe would drop-in nicely?

prices from ExperienceRC:

ELQV50C ELY Q Vision 50 Competition $269

YSE0015 YS Heli Engine 56 SR $300

Align DS610 servos x 4

Turnigy BLS980 760us tail servo - $75 at hobbyking

Spartan Quark - already have

Curtis Youngblood ATG Active Throttle Governor V3 YEI-YE-ATGv3 $75

Curtis Youngblood ATG Sensor Pack YEI-YE-A001 $12

appox 1700 mah 6.6V LiFe ~$30 - direct to receiver with standard switch(s)

AR7000 - already have

I've built two TREX450Pro helicopters and am ready for something larger. I fly nitro planes so I already have the starting equipment...just need the starter shaft.

Is this heli offered stock with flybarless yet? Any word when it might?
texasclouds is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
RotorWash78
Registered Users

@ Texas

Make sure to shop around only a few vendors sell ElyQ. My experience RCHeliworkz in Cookeville,TN is top notch! Family owned buisness web site www.rcheliworkz.com check them out!
I have found that the Spektrum Backplate sensor works much better with the ATGV3 its a few bucks more but Spot On!
As far as the FBL do it if you can.You can upgrade to a Flybarless setup on the V50 for around $40 bucks. I have flown Align 3G and Microbeast BeastX. I switched all mine to Microbeast you wont find anything more sold for the $. As of right now only the V90 comes airframe only then you buy which head you want..Let me know if you have any build questions!
RotorWash78 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
texasclouds
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply. Last Sunday I picked up a used Align 600 LE BNF. I saved alot of money going used and copied his DX7 settings to my DX7. I flew two tank fulls and have a big grin on my face!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
wifeorheli?
Registered Users

Aww man you went with ALIGN?!?! you dont know what your missing man. I have been told there are some major and big changes coming from ElyQ this year. I cant say to much but keep your eye out for this name! Finally put a 3gx on my v50c and man i couldnt be happier i will never fly anything else. If only we could get a 550e elyq!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TeamRcHeliWorks.com / Team Novarossi / Pulse Lipos
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #20
texasclouds
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeorheli? View Post
Aww man you went with ALIGN?!?! you dont know what your missing man. I have been told there are some major and big changes coming from ElyQ this year. I cant say to much but keep your eye out for this name! Finally put a 3gx on my v50c and man i couldnt be happier i will never fly anything else. If only we could get a 550e elyq!!!
Yeah, $500 with nice electronics...I couldn't pass it up. That and parts are easy to find on an Align 600.

I'd seriously look at the ElyQ again if I am in the market.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > ELY.Q - Vision 50

ELY.Q - Vision 50 ELY.Q Vision 50 Helicopter Support