Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
CyprusDave
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Another new E-Flite heli??

Not as ground-breaking as the mCP X by any means:

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...blade_450.html

http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts...idproduct=2867

New servos, new gyro, new RX, weighted tail grips (Chinese weight mod); looks cool; looks like E-Flite is really out to corner the market.

Dear E-Flite, can we a have a 500 or 600 or 700 please?? And just an airframe only kit is fine! That should shake up Align.
Belt CP: stock frame, motor, ESC (with UBEC) and boom - all else upgraded! Mini Titan: kit w/ AH-1W Cobra conversion, custom painted. EXI 450: kit with various electrics. HK500-GT: w/ scale AS350 fuselage. Walkera 5G6: custom sport tail. Blade mSR
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
Jonnyheli
Registered Users

Looks like a solid bird and a tidy design.

I agree, they should make bigger birds and sell kits. I have no experience with E-Flight (apart from my mcx) but there's so much praise on the Blade 400. They could have such a nice line of helis.

Just a quick question, are E-Flights planks any good?

Jonny
Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Jskrapper
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
...there's so much praise on the Blade 400. They could have such a nice line of helis.
Praise? really? I do LOVE my Blade 400, but most people hate them because of electronics quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Just a quick question, are E-Flights planks any good?

Jonny
I have never flown one, but everybody talks about how eflite gets planes right for the most part. So yes they are good going by hearsay.
Jskrapper is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
wobbles99
Registered Users

The balsa eflight planes are pretty good, I love to fly my mini pulse as much as its bigger brother the hanger 9 pulse 40. my buddy has their little 250 cub and its nice too.

Im a little leery about eflight helis after that blade cp I started out with. Terrible, terrible heli.
wobbles99 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
CyprusDave
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yeah, the early Blade helis didn't get a good rep. The Blade 400 got good reviews as an RTF package, especially as it came with a DX6i, and especially compared to other packages out there at the time (think Belt V1 ). But the individual components (servo, gyro) weren't stunning. I think though that they've raised their game some since then, and hopefully things will continue to improve

Keep in mind, though, that they don't really position themselves as a high-end manufacturer, but produce an affordable (not necessarily cheap) product that has broad appeal.

Their planks (and those of Hanger 9 and Parkzone, both also Horizon Hobby companies) consistently get very good reviews.
Belt CP: stock frame, motor, ESC (with UBEC) and boom - all else upgraded! Mini Titan: kit w/ AH-1W Cobra conversion, custom painted. EXI 450: kit with various electrics. HK500-GT: w/ scale AS350 fuselage. Walkera 5G6: custom sport tail. Blade mSR
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbles99 View Post
Im a little leery about eflight helis after that blade cp I started out with. Terrible, terrible heli.
Well, you've just had a bad luck of picking up the worst heli they have ever come up with... The manager of my LHS back home told me that there was so many problems with this bird that HH first recalled the first generation of it in Mexico, then abandoned the half-hearted distribution effort of the 2nd generation, because nobody was buying.

I'm very happy with their other birds, they're very decent quality and very flyable. No opinion on the newest duo (mCPX and B450) because I don't own them yet, an omission I'm planning to correct
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #7
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Ok, now you have to understand, this is funny to us Americans. Just exactly how bad do you have to f**k-up to have a recall in Mexaco? Saying things like, Mexaco and recall, is like saying China doesn't make knock-off's!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
mnwizard
Registered Users

Yes, I've always thought it alittle strange that everyone was praising the Blade 400 and slamming the the Belt. I have both, and I've always found the Blade 400's electronics to be even worse than the Belt's.

The new line of Blades, from the mSR on up are pretty nice though.

Oh, and a Mexican recall is very funny
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP