Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
meganbg
Registered Users

Default HDX 425 carbon fiber blades -- a question

I recently purchased a set of replacement blades for my Lepton EX... In addition to the fiberglass ones, I got a set of the HDX425 carbon fiber blades which were advertised as symmetric and balanced (blade, span and chord).

When I examined them, they both appear to be warped. I am wondering if this is how they were manufactured or if it is a flaw in the set I have. Also, if it is per design, how will these perform for normal v. 3D flight?

When I held a blade at the blade root, with the trailing edge to my left, I could see a pronounced curve to the blade downward at the trailing edge near the blade tip. Both blades appeared exactly the same (which either goes toward them being manufactured like that, or at least suffering the same warping forced in transit or while sitting in stock, etc).

If they are advertised as symmetric, I would expect them to be symmetric around the horizontal plane between blade leading edge and trailing edge...

So, can someone ease my concerns? How might such a warping affect the blade performance? Should I risk it? (Until I know, I'm just going to use the symmetric fiberglass blades)
Hirobo Lepton EX
meganbg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Finless
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have a set of those and mine are not warped at all.... You may have gotten a bad set...

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finless is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
meganbg
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks very much... I'll try for a return and replacement and try again.
Hirobo Lepton EX
meganbg is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum