Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series


4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default Help-tail not holding??

O.k guys,

My tail is now just spinning round and round, every gear is new, lash is spot on. Tail slider not binding [greased]
Equal amounts of travel.
2610v gyro 2801 pro tx, 1 servo ect ect.

Was holding fine, rate even worked.
The only thing i've done is change the boom, making sure i marked where the servo went.

I've put a new tail servo on, not that! Moved the servo in and out too, not that.

Its just not holding

Anything i've missed
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Mikey2
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vadnais Heights, MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
O.k guys,

My tail is now just spinning round and round, every gear is new, lash is spot on. Tail slider not binding [greased]
Equal amounts of travel.
2610v gyro 2801 pro tx, 1 servo ect ect.

Was holding fine, rate even worked.
The only thing i've done is change the boom, making sure i marked where the servo went.

I've put a new tail servo on, not that! Moved the servo in and out too, not that.

Its just not holding

Anything i've missed
Just a shot in the dark here Heathy but the last time I went in to replace both main and front bevel gear and then buttoned up the boom again, I found that the bevel wasn't completely meshed with main gear and had t' do it all over again.
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default

I will have another look later, the wifes givin grief for spending too much time in the heli cave, Little does she know my compass 6hv will be here tomorrow

If its not this then it must be the gyro, which is 3 weeks old It was a replacement for a 2610s
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Mikey2
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vadnais Heights, MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
I will have another look later, the wifes givin grief for spending too much time in the heli cave, Little does she know my compass 6hv will be here tomorrow

If its not this then it must be the gyro, which is 3 weeks old It was a replacement for a 2610s
Yup, Jeff's just finishing up my Gaui so it'll be interesting to see how well it does in combination with a Walkera Rx and a 2801. Just sent 'em by Tx so can't fly the 4G6 'til everything comes back across the border. So, any tips for a first time 200 pilot? Do I need plenty of room for a first hover? Do I need t' cobble t'gether some training gear for the first few hops? This'll be my first FBL and understand they can be a little "different" at first.
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default

If anything it will be more stable, no need for training gear either if you can fly a 46g.

What gyro are you getting?

I've just checked the gearing again and still spinning,

I am going to throw this Mickey mouse heli in the bin soon Its just too shite.
I've thrown 300+ on parts and upgrades and only had it 6 months. No matter how much money gets spent, they are still shite

And lets face it, if you already own a gaui 200, why oh why do we bother with them??
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Mikey2
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vadnais Heights, MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
If anything it will be more stable, no need for training gear either if you can fly a 46g.

What gyro are you getting?

I've just checked the gearing again and still spinning,

I am going to throw this Mickey mouse heli in the bin soon Its just too shite.
I've thrown 300+ on parts and upgrades and only had it 6 months. No matter how much money gets spent, they are still shite

And lets face it, if you already own a gaui 200, why oh why do we bother with them??
Gonna run the stock Gaui gyro which is probably appropriate for my current level of expertise. We were tryin' t' save a little money thus the gyro, Walkera Tx and Rx. I like my 2801 so I'm hoping that all will be well. This will be the first time that Jeff's worked with a 2801 so anxious to get his opinion.

Sounds like you've run into another Walkera "inexplicable" or a "not readily evident" type issue. I think everyone's overall experiences with the 4G6 convinced me to leave mine stock (with the exception of an HP-08) and I think "for me", throwing a lotta money at it would only result in a heli that can shoot a lot straighter than I can. A stock 4G6 without TAGS seems to sufficiently challenge me. Given the fact that Walkera systems are pretty "basic" where it concerns quality and predictability, it seems that many guys were literally upgrading every system on the heli to get something they truly liked.

Since after the HP-08 and ESC install as well as the recent tail servo / main gear / front bevel replacement, it just runs so smoothly and quietly that I hesitate to screw around with it further. Other than blades front 'n rear, I'm still running all of the "original" parts (bearings, dampners, pitch slider, TT shaft, mainshaft, etc.) so now I'm sorta interested t' see just how long this thing will go before something other than that servo takes a dump.
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default

Righty, just ordered another 2610v to see if this fixes it! I do have a 2610s but can't be bothered with fittting it. Just haven't got time for this toy anymore, if the new one works then great, if not then its in the bin
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Mikey2
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vadnais Heights, MN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
Righty, just ordered another 2610v to see if this fixes it! I do have a 2610s but can't be bothered with fittting it. Just haven't got time for this toy anymore, if the new one works then great, if not then its in the bin
Are you gonna have a formal burial? Old Walkeras never die.........they just fade away. I don't have a soapbox but "you" have Trafalgar Square so before you put 'er down, you could raille away against Walkera in the "original" public forum!
Mikey2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
VT-HELI
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Isle LaMotte,VT
Default

Hi heathy
Don't give up on your walk heli I started four months ago with a 4g6s as my first real heli and now have built a 2s 120v02.I have had several tail problems with both my 120 and 4g6.check to make sure your tail boom is seated or pushed in to the frame 100%.check the length of your tail servo rod.I have also had major tail problem from electronic issues such as a loose esc wire and bad tail servo's sometimes the tail servo's are bad right out of the bag.hope this helps.
Vt heli
VT-HELI is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #10
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default

Hi Vt,

Everything is 100% checked, Hours spent.

The tail control rod is heli-worx 1.5mm Ti and was working perfectly
2 tail servos
Tail servo moved this way and that
Gear mesh checked
mesh tightness


Just going to wait now till the new 2610v turns up, if that fixes it then great, if not then i'm going to send it as high as it can go and then kill the power over concrete.

I've too many helis that work now to worry about it, which is a shame because i really started to love its cuteness and it was flying well, even had it flying in rate.
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:55 AM   #11
hjns
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,061
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Basel
Default

Hi Heathy,

Before you bin your 4G6, you may want to read this thread.....
It is now about a year old.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by heathy View Post
Hi Vt,

Everything is 100% checked, Hours spent.

The tail control rod is heli-worx 1.5mm Ti and was working perfectly
2 tail servos
Tail servo moved this way and that
Gear mesh checked
mesh tightness


Just going to wait now till the new 2610v turns up, if that fixes it then great, if not then i'm going to send it as high as it can go and then kill the power over concrete.

I've too many helis that work now to worry about it, which is a shame because i really started to love its cuteness and it was flying well, even had it flying in rate.
__________________
KR, Henk

Blade MCX, FBL 4G6V-2S Xtreme, FBL 4G6V-1S
Xtreme rewind, FBL 4G6S-1S Bell 222 Darthdark, FBL V120D02S
hjns is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #12
heathy
Registered Users
 
Posts: 5,789
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire England
Default

Yep, everything mentioned there has been checked, all signs are pointing @ the 2610v. Will know for sure in a few days.
__________________
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #13
GoFastMike
Registered Users
 
Posts: 90
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Default

Yeah, my 4g6s has been pretty finicky, but my problem has been the esc... new one cured a lot of woes. I've suspected the 2610S, but fresh motor,esc seems to have cleared it up a ton. The tail gear mesh is a real pita, stripped several in crashes... gotta be just right or it pushes one way or the other. I've played around with gyro gain, trim, boom length, top boom screw tightness, boom support tightnesss, etc to get it balanced and it flies pretty well now. Til the next auger in. When it's right... it's awesome, but getting them there can really try your patience and budget. I feel your pain, hang in there, keep working on it, you'll find the magic at some point...
__________________
Mike
buncha helis
GoFastMike is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series


4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2015 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The HeliFreak.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.