Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #41
Erwin Landau
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko76 View Post
Is the swash your biggest obstacle currently? Or do you need lighter hub/spindle shaft deals? Got a sketch, or better yet 3d model of what it is that you need?
Basically it would be great to just replace the inner swash ring and replace it with one that has several threatedholes like the Rakon Heli has 4, just with like 3 or 5 or even six attachment points for linkage balls... "That would be all"...

One guy did a 5 ball swash in Austria and got a fully functioning 5 blade head.

Fly Safe!

Erwin
Erwin Landau is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
Erwin Landau
Registered Users

Default 4 blade test flight... and crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko76 View Post
I'd say that's not the greatest apprentice
I run Solidworks on my MacPro in Parallels, Snow Leopard. I have my own seat of 2006, and I have a seat for work that's current. Runs really well, I run Mastercam under parallels as well. It won't crunch quite as fast as dedicated machine, but for making a part or two at home I can't complain.
I built my own machine 3/4 axis machine, I couldn't give you a cost number (fear and not knowing) several k, that's for sure though, but I used linear guides, ballscrews, and a brushless drive/cartridge spindle. All it lacks at this point is a tool changer which will be coming soon enough. Good cam is expensive, but for 2.5D or even simple surfacing you can get stuff for a couple hundred or so, even free in some cases.
If you have things you want cut I can take a look at it. If it's something I'm interested in making for myself I'm generally happy to make two at the same time, send you one for your trouble of designing it.
Actually that apprentice sucks more then I would have loved to know about...

I today, finally put a tail with a longer solid CF rod and Astroid motor holder together, put in the CO5 brushless motor in and added it all to the 4 blade head.

There is a lot of torque in the 4 blades (using the Mini CP blades from Walkera)... especially with the brushless...wow (but the regular motor didn't cut it). The tail still has the 6mm motor on and it does not hold well, the SR 120 motor with torque tube is in the works... but anyhow...
The strange and actually nice thing is/was that the bird is much quieter 4 then with just two blades and it is solid in a hover and it flew beautifully. I haven't finished the anti-rotation and the metal linkages were supposed to be tested on the third flight.

Okay the second flight... everything was smooth until a did a to quick cyclic input and I think I bend one of the plastic links... so I quickly went for a landing and hit throttle hold but one of the blades struck the corner of a cupboard... no buggy I think as in the same moment the blade with the blade holder still attached comes flying in my direction... crap. How??? That was a miner struck no buggy I did that a hundred times with the mCP X before...

So I inspect the now broken custom $40.- bucks a piece feathering shaft... This guy actually drilled all the way through the shaft to attach the M1 x 3mm screw from the original feathering shaft... he was supposed to drill 4mm maybe 4,5mm but not all the way through...

To make matters worse... two more are bend!!!

I guess I have to pay this guys a visit tomorrow... I hate that... darn...

So the fact is, it flies, it flies quite well... we'll have to see if it does like a 2 blade once I have finished the anti rotation collar and mounted the metal links... but with these feathering shafts made out of butter... we might never know...

I'll report back...

Fly Safe!

Erwin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	299984  
Erwin Landau is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #43
blindside
Registered Users

might i recommend having your next set dipped to harden them? it looks like they are bending before they break, personally on a head piece i would rather a clean snap then a bend.
blindside is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
davethepitch
Registered Users

Does anyone know if this actually flew.

Dave
davethepitch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #45
jabu32
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Anything new on this?

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help