Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
coolbreeze8
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default dx 7 expo ?

there is a pos. an a neg. value on tx with a neg. # value i will tighten up the feel around center stick is this true

thanks Dewey
coolbreeze8 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
Jermo
Registered Users

True, Expo is awesum. for our radios use positive Expo. I use 20% expo on the Aileron/Elevator channels set on the swash menu (if you have a ccpm bird otherwise set on the channels direct).

Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954, IRCHA #2988
Pantera .61BBC, EPantera 600 - Pantera takes a licking and keeps on kicking! , Trex 500CF, MCPXv2 BL
KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid - Proud Member of Team FLYBAR!
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
coolbreeze8
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Jermo Im running a neg. -30 on expo. feels pretty good your videos were a big help
thanks Dewey
coolbreeze8 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
DavidH

My HF Map location

Dewey,
Negative expo on your radio increases the sensitivity around center. Usually most pilots prefer a softer feeler around center and would prefer positive expo.

You might want to make it softer and it would be less touchy around center stick.

Note: A negative (-) Expo value will increase sensitivity around neutral, and a positive (+) Expo
value will decrease sensitivity around neutral. Normally a positive value is used to desensitize
control response around neutral.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
coolbreeze8
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Davidh
seems odd but I was looking to thighting up the feel around center stick it seems like most tx. your in the pos. side of the value to thighten up the feel wasn't sure i read this right in the manual Jermo set me straight on expo. values this morning Maybe if igot the slop out of my swash i could go into the pos. side of expo. LOL
thanks
Dewey
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Danal Estes
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just for completness in this thread: JR (and Spektrum) are OPPOSITE of Futaba when it comes to expo! Positive expo softens the stick around center on JR and quickens the center on Futaba!!!

This has caused many a crash when pilots help each other set up. ALWAYS visually verify the surface movement, prior to flight, to see if you have what you want (perhaps even dial in an exagerated amount for a moment to more easily see the change, then set back to a realistic value for flight).
Danal Estes is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology