Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Stevin
Registered Users

Default This will be my 3rd tail motor in two weeks

I see alot of mention of tail drifts but dont here much about the motors going themselves. My stock motor lasted for about 15 flights then I noticed it started to not hold at all, finally I could not control the spin no matter how much rudder I gave it. I bought a new tail with motor and she flew like new again. After only one day maybe 8 flights the spinning started again. I am about to pick-up my next tail motor. I have since bought an mcpx and I must say I love this little helicopter. I fly it outside in the wind and do huge sweeping figure 8's I even flipped it for tyhe first time this morning. I have somewhere near 80 flights now with it and have yet to experience a tail motor going out let alone replace a single part other then changing out the stock blades because they were a bit chewed up from chashes. I am wondering should I put on the new tail motor and give it another shot or should I repair and sell it and wait for the 3g version to come out?
Stevin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Stevin
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just a thought, I have an etra mcpx tail motor on hand, has anyone tried using it on the trex100? If it fits I atleast know they are dependable and will last for the duration.
Stevin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
nukesrus
Registered Users

idk if the mcpx one will work but i did find out that after a few hard landings or even just normal flying that the motor can come loose in its housing and spin thus giving it the effect of not being there little to not at all, all i did was put some ca on it and pushed it back in and works fine now, love this little thing haha
nukesrus is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.