START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

Old 06-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
ElectricSheep
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TDR Testing... In The Studio! (+ Video)

Hey guys, I was calibrating some equipment in my photo studio and took a few test shots of my TDR. I think they came out OK, but I still need to dial in a few strobe settings. What do you think?

And the video...

ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Nutbag
Registered Users

Awesome Pics
Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
im4711
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great job -> love the soundtrack too -> should have kept it going a bit longer for the music to play out and adding a few more pics.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
kouasupra
Registered Users

WB looks okay. Not bad for a crop body sensor. What strobe and wireless controller are you using? pocketwizard? cybersync?
kouasupra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
helicraze
Registered Users

Looks good, i am about to get wedding photos, do you think she will mind if a few shots of the TDR appear in the album???
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #6
KidHeli
Registered Users

My HF Map location

pretty damn good... that music reminds me of a good old James Bond flick. when can i arrange a photo shoot
KidHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
ElectricSheep
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks all! I just got these strobes/flashes so I just took a few shots as a test. I'll post more soon...

@Nutbag - Thanks again, man! BTW, I love it that I can call someone Nutbag -- and I won't get a kick to the teeth!

@im4711 - Agree! I need to take some more shots and update the video.

@kouasupra - Yes, I still have the Nikon D300, and you're right -- it's not bad for a crop/DX sensor. White Balance was just set manually on the camera at 5500 deg Kelvin. No wireless controller for these pics; I just used an old-school sync cord to one strobe and the second strobe was in slave mode, triggered by the photo sensor. For a wireless trigger, I'm planning to try out the PocketWizards, or if I decide to just go simple, I heard that the Calumet 2.4 GHz Wireless triggers are good for the money. Do you have any experience with either of the above wireless triggers? Some other system?

@helicraze - Don't you guys do a slide show at the reception? Sure, put some TDR photos in the wedding album, but make sure to put some pics in the slide show... I'm sure your wife will love it! LOL!

@KidHeli - Yep, James Bond is usually the first thing that comes to mind when someone first hears Bitter:Sweet (that's what I thought too...). For your retro-swank listening fix: http://www.bittersweetmusic.com/

Anyway, more shots to come...
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #8
kouasupra
Registered Users

Yep looking at your EXIF I know about those shots. For example the first shot shows me your setting.

Nikon d300
shutter 1/160
aperture F5.6
ISO 200
FL: 35mm

Looks like you were shooting with a prime len. As far lighting goes, the calumet is okay for the money. They aren't too friendly when it comes to transporting compare to the alienbees. Which I had, I run 3 Alienbee 400 with the new ETTL pocket wizard. I love the features of high speed sync on the pw. When I'm too lazy to carry my alienbee around. I grab the speedlite flashes instead. If you grab the alienbees their wireless system is also great. Folks on FM (fred miranda forum) really recommend them also. Grab yourself a D3x or D3.
kouasupra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 AM   #9
Mehari
Registered Users

Electric Sheep - well done! Some of the best shots of a TDR I have seen so far and also one of the neatest wiring jobs. Congratulations.

Now go out and enjoy!
Mehari is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters