Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 06-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
Rexaholic
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default A question about Mini V Gov. project

I, like MANY others would love to hop on the computer one day and see that the update for the mini-v to enable governer was available.

That being said, I have read other posts asking "when, when, when" and the various answers. I also understand that some ESC manufacturers are aparently showing little interest in offering a firmware update to jive (no pun intended) with the v-bar.

Aren't there a few ESC's (Turnigy, Hobbywing) that are working well? Why doesn't Mikado release the update and just say that it currently only supports those?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rexaholic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Azlum
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexaholic View Post
Aren't there a few ESC's (Turnigy, Hobbywing) that are working well? Why doesn't Mikado release the update and just say that it currently only supports those?
Indeed there are. I totally agree that they should continue development on it. If anything, the choice of compatible ESC's is higher on small electric helis(where an Align esc is acceptable, for example).

[ SAB Goblin ][ Trex 450 Pro ]
Azlum is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
MrMel
V-BAR Guru

Mikado/Vstabi has hold back because of more than one reason, one was to see what ESC manufacturers doing, Two manufacturers are pretty much done, one dragging their feet (guess who), but another issue was to limit the possibility of hot starts, as it's the most dangerous out there.
This was made possible last week with some new code that is being tested now.

Don't know if there is any more hurdles...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrMel is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Rexaholic
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

That's good news. Are the "hot starts" a problem with the full size v-bar?

I can't wait for this to happen. My 700 is down after the ESC (manufacturer will remain nameless) burst into flames. All I have is Mini V's and I refuse to fly with the replacement they are sending me. I'll be looking for another ESC but I'd like to wait until I hear which are compatible with the gov. feature of the Mini. Of course, that all depends on when Mikado feels comfortable releasing the update.

I hate waiting...

Rexaholic is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support