Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters


600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 04:16 AM   #481
TR450ZS
Registered Users
 
Posts: 719
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Angry I have also joined this little club now.

My setup: stock Trex600 EFL PRO, with Gensace 12 s 45c 3800 Ah lipos, these packs are New.
Stock tail blades, Edge SE mains.
FBL is a GPRO.
Tail servo is stock align DS650.
Running Castle governor settings as per CC suggested setting for this heli. I don't remember the HS off hand, but it has been tached and matches the programmed settings in Normal, Idle1 and idle2.
The BEC is a Gryphon Quasar set at 6v.
I don't fly hard at all, gentle sport flying and basic F3C manoeuvres.
The heli has had over 20 flights with no hassles at all.
This weekend I performed a pull back after a high stall, then pulled backward again into a backward high stall. No problems.
On the 3rd pullback, at the bottom of the loop I heard the tail blades bark once and in a split second the heli had done a 180degree turn and then it continued nose forward as if nothing had happened. Thereafter it did this again once, during a few successful pull backs.
I understand all about the low tail gearing on this bird, but surely flying backward in a straight line (there was a crosswind of about 4knots), should not be too much for this heli to handle.
Now to prevent this happeing again, I wonder if upgrading to a DS655 tail servo will work?
Or is it a case of having to go for the 105 tail blades?. I am not going to do the gear ratio mod, I would rather just sell it than start modding the frame holes etc...
Will a better servo fix this, keeping in mind my flying style, with nothing hardcore.?
__________________
Allan
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO - TREX 500 EFL PRO GPRO, RAILS awesome!!. -TREX500 EFL PRO in scale UH1 (building) - TREX 600 EFL PRO GPRO - DX9 - DX7Eu - Phoenix V5
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #482
anmatheextreme
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,529
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Default

The bark-like sound that the tail blades made is definitely the tail stalling out on you. Rather than replacing a tail servo (which will 90% not solve the problem) I suggest you fit the 105mm tail blades if you have the standard FBL head or do the old tail ratio gear mod and forget about blow outs. I say that because I have an RJX HV servo on mine and with the 95s at 2250, it still felt weak and like it was ready to blow out any second on a tail down fast funnel.
__________________
Andrew
Compass 7HV | Trex 600EFL Pro | Blade 450X
anmatheextreme is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #483
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,949
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Do you have the tail limits maxed out?
__________________
HeliDirect
Zeal Blades
MSH Brain Flybarless Systems
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #484
ReadyToCrash
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: .
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR450ZS View Post
My setup: stock Trex600 EFL PRO, with Gensace 12 s 45c 3800 Ah lipos, these packs are New.
Stock tail blades, Edge SE mains.
FBL is a GPRO.
Tail servo is stock align DS650.
Running Castle governor settings as per CC suggested setting for this heli. I don't remember the HS off hand, but it has been tached and matches the programmed settings in Normal, Idle1 and idle2.
The BEC is a Gryphon Quasar set at 6v.
I don't fly hard at all, gentle sport flying and basic F3C manoeuvres.
The heli has had over 20 flights with no hassles at all.
This weekend I performed a pull back after a high stall, then pulled backward again into a backward high stall. No problems.
On the 3rd pullback, at the bottom of the loop I heard the tail blades bark once and in a split second the heli had done a 180degree turn and then it continued nose forward as if nothing had happened. Thereafter it did this again once, during a few successful pull backs.
I understand all about the low tail gearing on this bird, but surely flying backward in a straight line (there was a crosswind of about 4knots), should not be too much for this heli to handle.
Now to prevent this happeing again, I wonder if upgrading to a DS655 tail servo will work?
Or is it a case of having to go for the 105 tail blades?. I am not going to do the gear ratio mod, I would rather just sell it than start modding the frame holes etc...
Will a better servo fix this, keeping in mind my flying style, with nothing hardcore.?
hi,
this is not a matter or tail servo. the 3.85 ration is just too little.
i'm still unfamiliar to some technical terms of this hobby. if you mean an aggressive backwards loop, yes, this is how i've had most of my blow outs. the tail just won't hold in that situation and the heli will rotate just like you described. it can be very scary.
if you're not running 600mm blades, just throw 105mm tail blades and the problem is gone. you can even use 105mm blades with 600mm main and try it since you are not flying any 3d. you can also push the boom block and use the 0.6 front gears, but you've said you dislike this idea. if you fly 600mm blades, you still can cut a 105mm kbdd tail blades to 101mm and give it a try. this last option didn't work for me, though.
i run 570mm main blades so 105mm on the tail works fine for me.
this is an align thread, i have aligns and i don't mean to bash it, but i need to say this isn't the only issue 600pro has. its cyclic stability isn't good at all. i can feel that clearly when i fly it and then i fly my logo in a row. it is a different world.
__________________

Futaba 8fg, Trex600Pro6SVbar, Trex600Pro12SVbar, Trex700EDfcMbx, Logo550SeVbar, Logo600SxVbar
ReadyToCrash is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #485
TR450ZS
Registered Users
 
Posts: 719
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Do you have the tail limits maxed out?
Yup. Rudder stops just as it is about to bind up.
__________________
Allan
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO - TREX 500 EFL PRO GPRO, RAILS awesome!!. -TREX500 EFL PRO in scale UH1 (building) - TREX 600 EFL PRO GPRO - DX9 - DX7Eu - Phoenix V5
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #486
TR450ZS
Registered Users
 
Posts: 719
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Default

I guess I will be fitting 105 blades then. I have the EFL head which gives better clearance too. What baffles me is that the owner of my LHS also flies a 600 PRO, but his is DFC. And he flies the daylights out of that bird. And he can't believe that tail blow out is an issue on 600's, he has never heard of the problem and has never experienced it. And he flies a lot harder than me. Granted, he is not runing governed, but uses flat throttle curve so maybe he is running a higher headspeed than mine.
__________________
Allan
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO - TREX 500 EFL PRO GPRO, RAILS awesome!!. -TREX500 EFL PRO in scale UH1 (building) - TREX 600 EFL PRO GPRO - DX9 - DX7Eu - Phoenix V5
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #487
jmtyndall
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,757
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Default

Out of the box, ungoverned is something like 2700 rpm. You couldn't blow the tail out if you tried.

With that said, I was wanting to run 2200 until I looked at the align 700 forum and dudes there are running 2200-2400. So I'll just fly my 600 the way it is
__________________
Blade: [MCPx HP05/HP03T][130x EOX]
Align: [450 DFC V-Bar][600E DFC V-Bar
]
MSH: [Mini Protos V-Bar]
jmtyndall is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #488
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,949
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
Out of the box, ungoverned is something like 2700 rpm. You couldn't blow the tail out if you tried.

With that said, I was wanting to run 2200 until I looked at the align 700 forum and dudes there are running 2200-2400. So I'll just fly my 600 the way it is
I don't understand the logic of comparing 2 completely different designs that share no common parts.
__________________
HeliDirect
Zeal Blades
MSH Brain Flybarless Systems
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #489
jmtyndall
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,757
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Default

The logic being "safe and sane" headspeed.

My 600 only has two flights. I don't know anything about anything
__________________
Blade: [MCPx HP05/HP03T][130x EOX]
Align: [450 DFC V-Bar][600E DFC V-Bar
]
MSH: [Mini Protos V-Bar]
jmtyndall is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #490
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,949
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
The logic being "safe and sane" headspeed.

My 600 only has two flights. I don't know anything about anything

Lol. You're running 2700?
__________________
HeliDirect
Zeal Blades
MSH Brain Flybarless Systems
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #491
jmtyndall
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,757
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Lol. You're running 2700?
No! 2350/2400 because I haven't modded anything yet.

The other guy mentioned his friend runs it flat out ungoverned with no tail issues. I believe this to be roughly 2700rpm, which is why this person had no tail issues
__________________
Blade: [MCPx HP05/HP03T][130x EOX]
Align: [450 DFC V-Bar][600E DFC V-Bar
]
MSH: [Mini Protos V-Bar]
jmtyndall is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #492
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 9,949
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
No! 2350/2400 because I haven't modded anything yet.

The other guy mentioned his friend runs it flat out ungoverned with no tail issues. I believe this to be roughly 2700rpm, which is why this person had no tail issues
It's been years, but at 2350 the tail was pretty darn good. But I ran it gov'd and had 2.5m flight times. Wasn't a good compromise. It was fun. But total overkill unless you just want to impress your friends. :-)
__________________
HeliDirect
Zeal Blades
MSH Brain Flybarless Systems
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #493
jmtyndall
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,757
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA
Default

I like the noise it makes :p

I'm getting 4:00 on 3300s for now. Except when I hit OC protection
__________________
Blade: [MCPx HP05/HP03T][130x EOX]
Align: [450 DFC V-Bar][600E DFC V-Bar
]
MSH: [Mini Protos V-Bar]
jmtyndall is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:27 PM   #494
TR450ZS
Registered Users
 
Posts: 719
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Default Fixed. :-)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, and for this thread.
I fitted a set of 700E skids, already had a Fusuno extended tail fin on, and I bought pair of Rail106 tail blades. It rained most of the weekend, but this afternoon it cleared up enough for a few flights.
There was once again a cross wind at the field, although slightly stronger than last weekend, and I was able to do a couple of consecutive pull backs with not a hint of blow out at all. In fact the heli just feels so much more stable now, with much better tail authority.

By the way, with my flying style I get 7m flight time out of Gensace 12s 3800mAh 45C packs, and they come down at 25 - 30% remaining. I think it's probably a little quieter than jmtyndall's heli
__________________
Allan
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO - TREX 500 EFL PRO GPRO, RAILS awesome!!. -TREX500 EFL PRO in scale UH1 (building) - TREX 600 EFL PRO GPRO - DX9 - DX7Eu - Phoenix V5
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters


600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2011 - William James - Helifreak.com