Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters


600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
TwinTurbo95
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,099
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Default My new Pro will be here Monday..anything I need to know?

Any tips of tricks that makes things easier or fly better that I need to know about?

Thanks.
__________________
Compass 7HV: BeastX - MKS HV
Gaui X4 V2: BeastX - Scorpion
Blade 300X: Hyperion - Hitec - JR
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
wespen
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Default

Use manual link lengths as a rough guide only...
Watch the A arm assembly, shim the shaft first then set A arm spacer to make it straight with the shaft.
Get the swash level with A arm set in an angle that will give you the pitch range you want.
You can lock it up or over-extend it it you set it wrong.
After that do front servos.

I ended up using B holes (manual says A) so I dont bind at extreme.
This setup gives you 16 pitch and 14 cyclic. If you dont need that much go stock setup

Check for play in tail shaft, use 0.1mm shim to eliminate if excessive (some are better, some need more)

Watch for locktite getting into that tail arm fork brass bushings (it will be sucked to the screw cap by capillary suction if you overdo it).
If it gets there it will lock the bush to the screw and instead of rotating against screw it will rotate in plastic fork, making the tail sticky.... or just get KDE upgrade.

Dont know why Align still uses bushings there.

Others can chime in...
__________________
www.flyfreak.net - Croatian RC forum
wespen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
rotaryguy
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Florida-USA
Default

If you are building an FBL version - I would advise against using the outer holes recommended by wespen as you risk a much lower resolution with your FBL system. This is common with all FBL systems.
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
TTRAPTOR903D
Registered Users
 
Posts: 430
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy View Post
If you are building an FBL version - I would advise against using the outer holes recommended by wespen as you risk a much lower resolution with your FBL system. This is common with all FBL systems.
+ 1
__________________
700N DFC 3GX OS91HZR
700E DFC IKON KDE XF700-505 CCHV160
600E PRO 3GX 450 PRO 3GX KDE BLING
RAPTOR 90 3D OS91HZ 1ST HELICOPTER
TTRAPTOR903D is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
wperry38
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: fl
Default

yes know this there NO PARTS FOR THE 600E PRO. so don't break anything.
Bill
wperry38 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
TwinTurbo95
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,099
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Augusta, Ga
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wperry38 View Post
yes know this there NO PARTS FOR THE 600E PRO. so don't break anything.
Bill

So far so good
__________________
Compass 7HV: BeastX - MKS HV
Gaui X4 V2: BeastX - Scorpion
Blade 300X: Hyperion - Hitec - JR
TwinTurbo95 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
rotaryguy
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Florida-USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wperry38 View Post
yes know this there NO PARTS FOR THE 600E PRO. so don't break anything.
Bill
Grandrc - and some are 550/600 parts also.
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
OnTheSnap
Registered Users
 
Posts: 11,109
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, Ca
Default

Yah, GrandRC is local, and had all the parts to repair my destroyed 600p. Plus if it's not on the site, he can likely pull it from a kit for you.
__________________
HeliDirect
Zeal Blades
MSH Brain Flybarless Systems
OnTheSnap is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
erdocdan
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hadley, MI USA
Default

Make sure you install the lower main bearing correctly. If the end play is marked it's upside down. The 0.5mm spacer was perfect. No end play but not binding. Instuctions don't mention this.
erdocdan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
350Z_Al
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,233
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocdan View Post
Make sure you install the lower main bearing correctly. If the end play is marked it's upside down. The 0.5mm spacer was perfect. No end play but not binding. Instuctions don't mention this.
On my kit the .5mm was tight with binding, the .3mm was perfect.
__________________
Align 450 PRO DFC 4S KDE 450XF // Blade 450X 450MX, 3GX, Savox // Align 450 Sport V2 Airwolf
Align 600EFL PRO, DFC, 3GX, KDE
Align CHP DL 800, XERA 4530LE, ICE160HV, AR7200BX, SB-2271MG, SB-2272SG, KDE, Lynx, 115s
Thunder Power 65C LiPo & JR 12X
350Z_Al is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
OzDruiD
Registered Users
 
Posts: 313
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Default

Hi folks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by wespen View Post
Check for play in tail shaft, use 0.1mm shim to eliminate if excessive (some are better, some need more)
Yes - my tail case has some slop - but question is ..did the suggested 0.1 shim? come in the kit or did you pull it outta spares \ another heli ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wespen View Post
Watch for locktite getting into that tail arm fork brass bushings (it will be sucked to the screw cap by capillary suction if you overdo it).
If it gets there it will lock the bush to the screw and instead of rotating against screw it will rotate in plastic fork, making the tail sticky.... or just get KDE upgrade..
Mine came like this from align, loctite @#$#$ where. Nearly impossible to separate that tiny screw (with tiny screw head) and bushing now that they are fused. going to try and heat it ,, but concerned will damage the bushing and or really weaken either the screw or bush,

2ndly,
The tail blade pitch "slider" is literally grinding along the tail shaft. I cannot see anything wrong with the tailshaft so must be the bearings \ collars inside the slider?

Pull the slider off the shaft and yep - turning the sleeve in my fingers I can feel it grinding on high spots or something as it rotates. I see in the manual you are supposed to loctite the "sleeve" to the inner part of the "slider". I think align just threw it all in a bucket of loctite and waited until it hardened in the bearings ... cause no matter what I do - I CANNOT separate these slider pieces. (2 x bearings, slider outer case, inner sleeve etc).

Has anyone seen this in their kits? Do you know what caused it?
Anyone got tips on fixing it or know whats going on ?
__________________
Align 600EFL PRO - Vbar Mini,DS610's\DS650,CC 80HV Ice, 12S - Turnigy 3600
Gaui EP550 CF PRO - DS610's, 6100T\6100G Combo, 6S - 3600 Nano-Techs!
E-flite Blade mCPX v2 - Lounge Room 3D with awesome survivability!
Spektrum DX7 Mode2, Phoenix Sim.
OzDruiD is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
davehour
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Guayama, Puerto Rico 00785
Default

Posted in wrong thread.
__________________
T-Rex 700E Pro DFC, Spirit FBL Unit, Futaba R6303SB/8FGHS
Blade mCPx 140mm boom, DX7
RealFlight 7
davehour is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
wespen
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Default

I used Tamiya RC car / buggy shim set...its like 5$ or so.
There was a link here on forum.

And bought KDE V2 tail upgrade, so I dont fiddle with stock bushings...
__________________
www.flyfreak.net - Croatian RC forum
wespen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
Agibbs996
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,037
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gilbert, Az
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wperry38 View Post
yes know this there NO PARTS FOR THE 600E PRO. so don't break anything.
Bill
What?!!! No parts for the 600E Pro? Mine's coming in about a week. Sigh. Okay, we'll it's not like there's an abundance of parts for my Walkera V500D01.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #15
Greg1971
Registered Users
 
Posts: 76
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ɹəpunuʍop
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDruiD View Post
Hi folks,


2ndly,
The tail blade pitch "slider" is literally grinding along the tail shaft. I cannot see anything wrong with the tailshaft so must be the bearings \ collars inside the slider?

Pull the slider off the shaft and yep - turning the sleeve in my fingers I can feel it grinding on high spots or something as it rotates. I see in the manual you are supposed to loctite the "sleeve" to the inner part of the "slider". I think align just threw it all in a bucket of loctite and waited until it hardened in the bearings ... cause no matter what I do - I CANNOT separate these slider pieces. (2 x bearings, slider outer case, inner sleeve etc).

Has anyone seen this in their kits? Do you know what caused it?
Anyone got tips on fixing it or know whats going on ?
Check the control links. Mine were binding. Get a 3mm drill bit and lightly ream the t type arm end by hand until it moves freely around the collar.
__________________
Align T-Rex 450SE V2 JR DSX9
Align T-Rex 600 Super Nitro Pro (yellow & Black) Align T-Rex 700N Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro
Greg1971 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #16
OzDruiD
Registered Users
 
Posts: 313
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Default

Not sure what you mean by control arm links?
1. Brass bushing with screw in plastic arm - yes full of loctite, easy nuff fix. (if plastic is still tight, then yes, ream ever so slightly)

2. The main issue I have is with the very center hub part of the slider, even after fully disassembled from the "Y" framework that joins the blade grips etc. The 2 bearings in the silver collar that (has some writing stamped on it also with has the ball link) are stuffed or full of loctite.
__________________
Align 600EFL PRO - Vbar Mini,DS610's\DS650,CC 80HV Ice, 12S - Turnigy 3600
Gaui EP550 CF PRO - DS610's, 6100T\6100G Combo, 6S - 3600 Nano-Techs!
E-flite Blade mCPX v2 - Lounge Room 3D with awesome survivability!
Spektrum DX7 Mode2, Phoenix Sim.
OzDruiD is online now        Reply With Quote
Reply




Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters


600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Copyright © 2004-2015 by RCGroups.com, LLC except where otherwise indicated. The HeliFreak.com logo is a trademark of RCGroups.com, LLC.