Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion

Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #21
Bubba Gump
Registered Users

Um well first off we were all at IRCHA this past week so were all catching up from that and luke and his dad was here at ircha so pretty much no one there. I pretty sure i have the new swash on mine i had the old one also they both work just fine on the 6hv and there all running the new one on the 7hv just fine davids is hold ing up just fine to 2500hs, and to eric brandenburgs flights. Maybe sebastin can chime in here to explain the reason there is a change in the swash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bubba Gump is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
crawl
Registered Users

Anyone have part #'s / info on the new ball/screw?

I Broke one on my 7HV (it backed out during flight and the 2 screws protruding from the outer balls ate at the ball/screw, somehow it stayed on ).

That thread is toast but thankfully the swash still has 4 holes for FB I just need to get a new screw/ball since the old ones don't work.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Dflyer
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Chris,

here's a link to the new swashballs : http://www.rigidheli.com/Webwinkel-P...-02-0701S.html

Grtz,
Dirk
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/ CY Stingray / BO 105 / Invertix 400
Dflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #24
crawl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dflyer View Post
Hi Chris,

here's a link to the new swashballs : http://www.rigidheli.com/Webwinkel-P...-02-0701S.html

Grtz,
Dirk
Thanks much!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #25
Eric Brandenburg
Registered Users

Just wanted to chime in as I haven't been on the 6HV boards in a long time. This new swash is an upgrade from the old one, moving to the 2.5mm threads over the 1.5mm threads as the old ones were a little on the weak side for long term use at high headspeed.

The 2.5MM balls which are black in color have different length standoff's (shorter) than the old silver ones did, which is ideal for fbl on the inner race as this adds resolution. Now it looks like there are some small differences In the rear ball on the outer race (elevator side).

During the development of this swash the standard silver ball was used on the elevator side, the the black 2.5mm balls were used on the other two positions (aileron, pitch). As mentioned due to the different lengths of the standoffs between the two types of balls we used a shim that was about 1.2mm in length (I just used two washers for an M3 bolt I had laying around which ended up being perfect) under the front two black balls which brings the outer race swash geometry to the normal geometry of the old swash with all silver balls, but having increased resolution from the inner race being shorter in diameter.

When run in this configuration there is only increased resolution which is ideal.

If you have one of the new swashes with the corrected (shorter) silver elevator side ball you can add washers under all 3 of the outer balls to space them out farther as far as you feel necessary (again 1.2mm for stock geometry).

Note you will have to readjust your fbl system's throw values for pitch settings it it will be different.

):> Team Helifreak!
Eric Brandenburg is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #26
heathy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, it all sounds good, however i still haven't had my emails replied to regarding my broken "new" swash.

I heated up and backed out the pitch ball and the thread snapped.
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
heathy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
Eric Brandenburg
Registered Users

Who did you email? I have yet to see a consolidated compass email that would address anyone in particular that could help you. As far as an "official" compass contact I guess I would suggest that you use the HF forum. Granted it took much longer than it should have for you to hear from someone from the company and I apologize for this.

I'd email the distributor/dealer you got the kit from as far as any warranty work such as this seems like it should be. If you are in a hurry, you could possibly get a set of left handed drill bits and try to drill out what remains of the threads in the hole and usually the remaining bits will come out with the force of drilling the piece out. An easy out type of thing probably wouldn't help considering the size of the parts in this instance unfortunately.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #28
heathy
Registered Users

I emailed compass direct through the website. Also the kit came from rc711.com in HK. Ihave a old swash that I'm using now so not a complete loss.
X2 SK720 Minijazz 20 / WARP 360 SK540 Koby 55 / X4ii SK540 jive80 / X5 SK540 jive 100 / 6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 / 7HV SK540 YGE160k / Agile 7.2 SK540 KOSMIK / Futaba18mz / Skookum support rep / Halo blades
Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #29
heathy
Registered Users

Well, 3 months on now and still no reply to my 2 emails nothing.

Still using the old style swash however would appreciate a new one as mine has crash damage [ small bend to pitch area]

Old 11-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #30
Eric Brandenburg
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Brandenburg View Post
I'd email the distributor/dealer you got the kit from as far as any warranty work such as this seems like it should be.
I dont think the emails on the compass website actually go anywhere. Like we said before contact your distributor when issues like this come up. Compass doesn't deal directly with customers for warranty related things.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #31
heathy
Registered Users

Thats handy. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
Rob43
Registered Users

I have been very fortunate to really need nothing like this, but indeed I am sooo glad to have Mike so close by and so willing to do anything needed!!! A phone call still does the trick. I normally am still leaving the message when he's calling me back to find out what he can do to make my problem go away!

Best wishes!
Rob43 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Model Helicopters > Atom 6HV and 6HVU

Atom 6HV and 6HVU Compass Atom 6HV and 6HVU Model Helicopter Discussion