Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
Link_NL
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Weird noise. (video)

This is my 3rd flight of my HK450pro. Which is my 1st heli I build myself.
Blade tracking issues are solved now. Now i need to focus on the tail. Which doesnt hold very well. I noticed a small drift in both directions. Is that because the gyro gain is too low?

And I noticed right after spool up, a high pitch noise. Can this be a bad bearing? The noice went away for a moment. But comes back every so often. The noice wasnt there at 3000 rpm. But now i inserted a 11T pinion. My headspeed dropped to about 2900 RPM. And I noticed it..

Maybe you experts can point me into the right direction?

Appriciated..

Link_NL is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Stumblebee
Registered Users

I won't venture a guess on that squeal but I will say this. You are one very brave person to be flying a freshly built 450 around all of that plate glass in all of those very close residences. Good luck to you.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Link_NL
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Point taken..

As you noticed, it was a short flight. It was my birthday that day. It was just a flight to show my 2 friends my machine.

I took it out 2 times earlyer. And had a couple of flights with it. So I had some trust about it.. But I really get your point.. On that very moment I thought about that.. "what if" surged through my mind... So I wasnt planning to do a long flight.
Link_NL is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.