Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Mars/Poseidon

Mars/Poseidon Mars and Poseidon Helicopters

Old 08-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
crickr1
Registered Users

Default tail/altitude question

When giving rudder input I lose altitude.Im running a 3600kv motor w/11 t pinion/41t tail gear.
Do I need to change gearing or increase motor kv?

Thanks for the input,

hybrid Gaz/otos fblstretched 6s Mini PRÔTOS. Stretched PRÔTOS.500,EC135 Era/PRÔTOS.500
,GOBLIN 630 Comp, ,PRÔTOS MAX!
Synergy E5 /E5S all MSH-Brain/Futaba8FG
crickr1 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
apollo7
Registered Users

o i'd drop the tail gear down to 38, or 39T, and throttle up a bit. you shouldn't notice too much drop unless your HS a bit too low. helis naturally rise or fall depending on rudder input. "rudder/throttle mix" may be of interest? i'd also check for binding or excess drag (lube, bearings, belt tension).
apollo7 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Silver-techie
Registered Users

Being a noob myself, just wanted to point out that I've noticed altitude changes when changing the rudder left and right.

However, it was do to my thumbs, not realizing that I was moving the throttle to loose or gain altitude while trying to steer.

So I use my thumb and index finger.
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
crickr1
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys,
I figured gearing or headspeed,I'll put the 39 on tail, check the tension, and then check it out. I thought is was just me at first but I let a couple of the local gurus fly her and they even said it was a bit excessive.

hybrid Gaz/otos fblstretched 6s Mini PRÔTOS. Stretched PRÔTOS.500,EC135 Era/PRÔTOS.500
Old 09-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
crickr1
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bringing the tail gear down to a 39t seems to have fixed the altitude prob. had a small quiver in tail, so need turn down gain just a tad and all should be fine. Need to replace belt on tail now, about 2 ft up, hovering down for landing, belt broke but able to throw hold and bring in for auto! Got lucky on that one!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Mars/Poseidon

Mars/Poseidon Mars and Poseidon Helicopters