Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
Gscott
Registered Users

Default Canopy for the 600N

Has anyone tried to fit a Raptor, Sceadu, or other 50 sized plastic canopy on the 600? I like the looks of the 600 canopy but fiberglass does not survive a crash like the stock plastic Sceadu or Raptor canopies. The cheap spares are somewhat negated if I have to buy a $40 canopy evrytime I crash
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
ChiefWilson
Registered Users

I know the raptor canopy will not fit on it.
ChiefWilson is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
king kong
Registered Users

the nitro canopy is a different size than the electric, so it's hard to say what will fit on it till we get the production kits.

Frank

Team Flightpower
king kong is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #4

Had to cut stuff but it fits and looks nice. I wanted a canopy that was stronger than the fiberglass. It should fit the nitro since it has the same main gear diameter. It has lots more room for the thicker nitro body. Don't see why it shouldn't fit.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
ChiefWilson
Registered Users

Guest it won't fit the nitro. I tried fitting one on Marcus' the other day just to see if it would. The nitro is a bit longer in the front than the electric version.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #6
tdsounds
Registered Users

Looking at the e and nitro version. The anti-rotation bracket sits in the front for the nitro which is probably why the nitro 600 won't accept the raptor canopy. Too bad the raptor canopy don't fit. Many people are looking for a canopy that is stronger than the Align one. That $40 fiberglass canopy is flimsy and weak. My raptor canopies survived a couple of crashes before. I doubt the trex one will last after a crash.

Hey ChiefWilson you're an Align Rep. Tell them we need some strong plastic cheap canopies!
tdsounds is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
ChiefWilson
Registered Users

I will pass it up through the ranks. I guess it all depends on how you crash. I have crashed my 600 several times and only a little scratch on my 600 canopy. On the other hand when I use to have raptors every time I crashed I had to replace the canopy. Both the plastic ones and the fiberglass ones. So, I guess it really matters on how you hit. The moral of the story is don't crash and we all know that is impossible unless you just buy it to look at it.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #8
Gscott
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm just the opposite. I've had some really hard crashes with my nitros and have never destroyed a plastic canopy. On the other hand I've never seen a fiberglass canopy survive anything other than a really mild crash. Even if I destroyed the Raptor plastic canopy it is roughly 1/2 the price of a new fiberglass one.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.