Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Old 09-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
charlotte
Registered Users

Default Spektrum DX8

Bet you guys looooove noobies........ sooooo many questions to ask

I am thinking of upgrading my Spektrum DX7 and buying a Spektrum DX8. Are they backwards compatible. i.e can I use my models with older DSM2 reveivers such as the AR6100e, AR7000 etc. I have 3 helis and 5 planes and do not want to upgrade all the receivers to the AR8000
charlotte is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
jamming
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte View Post
Bet you guys looooove noobies........ sooooo many questions to ask

I am thinking of upgrading my Spektrum DX7 and buying a Spektrum DX8. Are they backwards compatible. i.e can I use my models with older DSM2 reveivers such as the AR6100e, AR7000 etc. I have 3 helis and 5 planes and do not want to upgrade all the receivers to the AR8000
Yes it is, I went to a Dx8 from a 7 no problems !
700le flagship v-bar, bls, sab,
jamming is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
dannylightning
Registered Users

My HF Map location

how much do you want for that DX7 if its in good shape i would be interested shoot me a PM

the DX8 is dsm2 or dsmx so as long as you have old DSM2 receivers your good. if there are just plain old DSM it will not work.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Supertuna
Registered Users

I upgraded from a Dx6 to the Dx8 awesome radio and very pleased I did

Super tuna
Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
J-S-Q
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertuna View Post
I upgraded from a Dx6 to the Dx8 awesome radio and very pleased I did

Super tuna
Same here.
J-S-Q is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
Azalin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been told that DX8's has some problems. What about yours? Is there any firmware or something to fix those problems? I want to buy a DX8 but first I need to know these answers.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
fizzer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalyn View Post
I have been told that DX8's has some problems. What about yours? Is there any firmware or something to fix those problems? I want to buy a DX8 but first I need to know these answers.
Seems like the issues have been fixed. I picked up a new one about 2 months ago, it already had the latest non-beta firmware on it. There's documentation on the spektrum site to check for a gimbal problem, but newer sets should be fine.

The Spektrum community site that you get access to when you by a DX8 is great - downloadable setups for lots of aircraft, firmware updates, support forum, etc.
fizzer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
vadimr
Registered Users

I also went from DX7 to DX8 and I love it, telemetry is awesome and programming is much better. I did hit the recall issue with DSM2 but that is all long gone.
vadimr is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
Azalin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The telemetry feature wont work with older receivers, right? Sorry for my dump questions. I don't much know about this TX. I'll be using it on my gassers. The knowing battery life is more important if you fly a gasser because a gasser can fly much longer than nitro or electric.
Trex 600 Gasser FBL | HeliXHeli conv. | OS GT15HZ | iKon | Homemade onboard generator
Azalin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
cmouton
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalyn View Post
I had a crash with my T-Rex 600n and thought it was because of my DX8. Other people here posted that my Align 2in1 voltage regulator might be faulty. I did all the tests that they recommended to see if the 2 in 1 was faulty but everytime it passed with success, untill I installed a Align governor. The governor act strange and I thought it was a dud and was going to send it back to the hobbyshop, but first I made a few other tests with my 700 with the same governor (also a Align one) and 2 in 1 power system. The outcome was that the 2 in 1 was faulty on the 600. If I haven't gone the governor route, I would never solved the problem and was due for another crash.

After the crash I lost confidence in the DX8, but now that I know what happend, I feel much better. I will anytime buy another DX8- it's a great transmitter!
Futaba 8FG Super
cmouton is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology