START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
FMpro
Registered Users

Default Suggestions / Comparisons - Force RC

I'm going to buy my kiddos a couple of coaxial helis and the mCX 2 is at the top of my list. My kids, ages 9 and 12 can already fly their airhogs fairly well. Usually when they crash it is due to a limitation of the AH maneuverability rather than pilot error. I'm thinking that they should do fine with the mCX2 BUT, I've never actually flown one or seen one in person.

The other coax that has caught my attention is the Force RC battle heli. Does anyone own both a mCX2 and the Force RC helis? How do they compare purely from a flying point of view. Are they similar?

Thanks much!
John
FMpro is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
jcook54
Registered Users

I have the mCX2 and have flown one of the Force helis and they seemed pretty much the same to me. I'm fairly new and don't have too much experience but I flew it the same way I fly the mCX2 and it had the same characteristics. If I remember correct the Force uses IR instead of 2.4 ghz for the TX/RX. Also, the parts are the same. I've used a lot of brand-name Force parts on my mCX2.
jcook54 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Pfloyd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Frames are different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
spykez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcook54 View Post
I have the mCX2 and have flown one of the Force helis and they seemed pretty much the same to me. I'm fairly new and don't have too much experience but I flew it the same way I fly the mCX2 and it had the same characteristics. If I remember correct the Force uses IR instead of 2.4 ghz for the TX/RX. Also, the parts are the same. I've used a lot of brand-name Force parts on my mCX2.

The Force RC 'shoots' IR (ie the gun/ hit receiver) but the radio receiver is your bog standard spektrum 2,4GHz microwave thing. I have bound to it using my DX6i and flown it well, but have not fully figured out how to fire the gun from it.

I believe the IR gun is linked to the pitch channel, and to be honest, they are all RTF anyways and the controller supplied is good enough, so really, you don't need to bind it to a higher end radio.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
FMpro
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies fellas! Much appreciated. I'm tempted to get three force helis so that I can join the fun when my kids battle!
FMpro is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
spykez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMpro View Post
Thanks for the replies fellas! Much appreciated. I'm tempted to get three force helis so that I can join the fun when my kids battle!
I would if I were you, $$$ allowing. This is probably among the cheapest blade/eflight offerings at present to fly and run (I think the Scout CX will turn out to be garb... well not something you'd want anyways...).

And they are arguably amongst the most fun of coaxes to fly mainly because you can shoot at one another.

And your kids will get a proper mode 2 control, if they want to fly bigger birds, they'll at least know what the sticks kind of do.

Last edited by spykez; 09-24-2011 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: spelling
spykez is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
3gunclip
Registered Users

Make sure you cool the bird down
i had overheating issues along with a few bad motors from hh
might have been a bad batch ( not barking at HH they have taken care of me
fixing their issues and mine
DON'T run the battery to LVC DO cool her after 2 5 min flights yea sucks to
get ten min of fun and then wait another ten between flights plus the cool time for the battery's sooooooo buy a bunch? yes and no,more then four battery's can lead you to break the
COOL for 10 after two flights damn circle of bum me out rule

i guess the same holds true for the force birds is it the same set up a an mcx?

Last edited by 3gunclip; 09-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: got lost
3gunclip is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help